Replacement seats FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
Saw a few post but not exactly what I was looking for. Anybody have success plug and play update seats for the 62. Frame foam and leather or cloth. No air bags of course.

I am also in the market for seats. Budget wise I'm leaning towards the Procar elite seats. They come left or right and various materials and colors.

The others I've been looking at are the smittybilt sport contour seats. Not as many color or material options but the price is good.

Screenshot_20210508-210927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210311-170617_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I am also in the market for seats. Budget wise I'm leaning towards the Procar elite seats. They come left or right and various materials and colors.

The others I've been looking at are the smittybilt sport contour seats. Not as many color or material options but the price is good.

View attachment 2701511

View attachment 2701513
Hey thanks, I’ll look at these. I’m really just wanting the guts, getting a formed seats and new fram is all I want. Reupholstering front back and panels. I’ll have to do the math which is better buying a full set of form for front from sor or going this route. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel but pisses me off the what they charge for a piece of form replacement on the market. Or I could just let the upholstery shop shave some new and be done with it.

I've seen leather upholstery for around $750 from Lseat.com but the worn foam would still need addressing.

The Procar elite seats also have a version with lumbar support.

I've seen leather upholstery for around $750 from Lseat.com but the worn foam would still need addressing.

The Procar elite seats also have a version with lumbar support.
The challenge with seat swap is labor involved to make them fit. If not a close match end up spending same as if I’d have dropped off at the up shop. I often committed to “by god I’m doing this” only to regret trying to gc the project, lol

I've installed Pro Car Elites and Corbeau sport seats without much hassle at all

Most people leave the back bench alone and only replace the fronts - unless it’s a full reupholster

Been looking at the Corbeaus as well vs rebuilt stock seats. Without trying both its hard to say what’s more comfortable
I think from what I’m seeing price wise based on the give or take $500 per seat redo, it’s probably a wash. But to your idea a new structured seat may be worth stepping it up a notch with modern comfort. However years ago I had the privilege of overseeing interior refurbishments for corporate jets and I learned how to make seats and bolsters. I may build my own custom foam shave them to my butt and back and then have them covered. I can do seats and bench foam custom probably $100 in foam. (But time is money so take me a week to trim, back to the cost materials and labor v. dropping it off and say be back in a week!) hair splitting….

Aside from making your foam and having it covered, finding the right seat is a crap shoot at best.

I am fortunate to try different seats and materials at work. I like the Corbeau and Pro Car, not perfect yet far superior to OEM

Best you can do is try to find dealers or vehicle's in your area and try them on for size. On the other hand.............I am putting 1999 Volvo S80 front seats with custom covers in my wife's FZJ80. I am thinking custom brackets 🤔

The PT Cruiser seats work great. You have to swap your seat rails to the PT seats, but it is a easy swap (lots of threads on it). I just gave away a set of leather pt cruiser seats with 62 rails after having finding some oem seats that I restored.

Aside from making your foam and having it covered, finding the right seat is a crap shoot at best.

I am fortunate to try different seats and materials at work. I like the Corbeau and Pro Car, not perfect yet far superior to OEM

Best you can do is try to find dealers or vehicle's in your area and try them on for size. On the other hand.............I am putting 1999 Volvo S80 front seats with custom covers in my wife's FZJ80. I am thinking custom brackets 🤔
How is the quality on the corbeau’s? Do you think they’d be more comfortable than OEM with New Foam based on your experience?

The quality is good at the price point of the seats. Comfort is a personal thing I believe. I do not care for the stock seats in any condition, just not comfortable to me.

I just put those Corbeau seats in mine. At that price point, it's so worth it. It's like sitting in a new car.

I did Corbeau Moabs. They are ok. I must have gotten a bad bracket set though as on both seats the hole closest to the gear shift was about a quarter inch off. It took effort but they eventually lined up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom