Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those look nice. I just did this project with a major competitor. I would recommend making a long diy video.

I would also make an install kit with a high ring tool, hog rings, glue for the foam that may or may not accidentaly have a rod ripped out of it... 2 sets of stickers with A-Z for the seat harnesses, I would put a small tag on the bottom of the cover that says "did you reinstall your seat heaters",

Those look nice. I just did this project with a major competitor. I would recommend making a long diy video.

I would also make an install kit with a high ring tool, hog rings, glue for the foam that may or may not accidentaly have a rod ripped out of it... 2 sets of stickers with A-Z for the seat harnesses, I would put a small tag on the bottom of the cover that says "did you reinstall your seat heaters",

Which competitor?

Why? Where? Do you have a picture?
The OEM seat back clips to the frame of the seat with a large radiused clip (like something that goes around a tube). The ridies clip is designed for a sheet metal edge. You have to unsew this clip from the leather and sew it onto the new seatback.

Plus the seat back is designed to bolt to the frame around the airbag squib. The ridies seatback does not do this and you have to fashion your own wire or something to reinforce the attach points.

So much for a perfect fit as advertised on their website

The OEM seat back clips to the frame of the seat with a large radiused clip (like something that goes around a tube). The ridies clip is designed for a sheet metal edge. You have to unsew this clip from the leather and sew it onto the new seatback.

Plus the seat back is designed to bolt to the frame around the airbag squib. The ridies seatback does not do this and you have to fashion your own wire or something to reinforce the attach points.

So much for a perfect fit as advertised on their website
Can you share any pics of issue areas? I was about to pull the trigger until I saw your initial post.
I was torn between Ridies and Lseats.

Sorry I was actually out for a week, and no one was watching this forum. But I am back now.

I am working with @nukegoat to make sure he gets his armrests.

Thanks

He was Johnny on the spot for a while. Seems to have abandoned this thread and a customer.

That's not right...

4qn7brqgnge21.jpg

Sorry I was actually out for a week, and no one was watching this forum. But I am back now.

I am working with @nukegoat to make sure he gets his armrests.

Thanks

Could you address his other complaints above? What about the console issue as well for US console covers?

Could you address his other complaints above? What about the console issue as well for US console covers?

I am looking into armrest issue.

For airbags, just like any other aftermarket product we cannot guarantee the deployment. If someone guarantees who is not OEM then it really needs to be looked into seriously because there are lot of things that only OEM knows. It is not just thread strength, width, etc but tension too that OEM doesn't make public. Also, every OEM has their own properties and it is almost impossible for aftermarket makers to replicate that.

Thanks

I am looking into armrest issue.

For airbags, just like any other aftermarket product we cannot guarantee the deployment. If someone guarantees who is not OEM then it really needs to be looked into seriously because there are lot of things that only OEM knows. It is not just thread strength, width, etc but tension too that OEM doesn't make public. Also, every OEM has their own properties and it is almost impossible for aftermarket makers to replicate that.

Thanks

Isn't there still a console issue?
And I was mainly referring to this above:

Isn't there still a console issue?
And I was mainly referring to this above:

There is no console issue. He didn't buy console, so not sure why he was even having that issue.

I am not sure about this plastic clip issue. Sometimes there could be some minor differences in plastic clips (not just with us but with anybody). So yes there might have been some minor difference, and yes you might have to make a tweak, but it shouldn't be anything major. These are as close to OEM as possible and we do believe that our product is as good, if not better, then any other aftermarket seat covers.

Thanks

@nukegoat your armrests were mailed few days ago but since airports are now closed in Pakistan because of corona virus issue, we are not sure when FedEx will actually deliver. But rest assured that FedEx has your armrests and I am sure they will try to deliver asap.

Thanks

@Ridies So, do we have a confirmation that the center console fits all of our U.S. LC/LX's?
Also, no sewing required? Plug and play like your major competitors, right? Please elaborate on your response. I believe others on this site are interested, but uneasy with this thread.
@nukegoat. I see the vendor is trying to make things right. Are you satisfied with the fit and finish and quality of product? Any pics on what you had to sew and what came on the kit?

Something needs to be clear here as well. They do not have a pattern for Land Cruisers, only LX's.

There is no console issue. He didn't buy console, so not sure why he was even having that issue.

I am not sure about this plastic clip issue. Sometimes there could be some minor differences in plastic clips (not just with us but with anybody). So yes there might have been some minor difference, and yes you might have to make a tweak, but it shouldn't be anything major. These are as close to OEM as possible and we do believe that our product is as good, if not better, then any other aftermarket seat covers.

Thanks
Here are the OEM seatback clips. These need to be unsewn from the OEM seat and sewn into the ridies one.
ZKJT7Ux.jpg

They have a very large radius because they clip over a tubularish structure in the back of the seat. There are no sharp edges to clip the generic Ridies clip to (it appear designed for a sheet metal edge).

The ridies clip that support@ridies.com told me to unsew and instead attach the OEM clip to:
vcuuDea.jpg

@Ridies So, do we have a confirmation that the center console fits all of our U.S. LC/LX's?
Also, no sewing required? Plug and play like your major competitors, right? Please elaborate on your response. I believe others on this site are interested, but uneasy with this thread.
@nukegoat. I see the vendor is trying to make things right. Are you satisfied with the fit and finish and quality of product? Any pics on what you had to sew and what came on the kit?

Yes we do have US center console.

We have sold several of these covers and he is the only one who had this issue. We did not hear about this from anybody else.

Again, our seat covers are either same or better quality then any other seat covers maker including leather seats, katzkin, lseats, etc. We get calls from customers all the time who tell us that they initially bought from them and then bought from us and they are so much pleased with our quality. Our prices are better too.

Thanks

Yes we do have US center console.

We have sold several of these covers and he is the only one who had this issue. We did not hear about this from anybody else.

Again, our seat covers are either same or better quality then any other seat covers maker including leather seats, katzkin, lseats, etc. We get calls from customers all the time who tell us that they initially bought from them and then bought from us and they are so much pleased with our quality. Our prices are better too.

Thanks

We get it....you believe your seat covers to be the best quality and value available (the buying public will determine that) but the fact remains: YOU need to look into the potential issue with the 'clips' and IF it is a problem, fix it. Not just come back here and keep telling us how great your product is. Understand?

We get it....you believe your seat covers to be the best quality and value available (the buying public will determine that) but the fact remains: YOU need to look into the potential issue with the 'clips' and IF it is a problem, fix it. Not just come back here and keep telling us how great your product is. Understand?

And I have been answering all the questions. Lot of time people install these themselves (we always recommend to get them installed professionally) and just lack the experience and tools. It is not an easy job to install these and that does frustrate some people.

Please compare us with other seat covers makers. It would be nice to compare apples to apples. We would love someone to look at our seat covers and compare them with lseat or anybody else and post pictures here.

Thanks

And I have been answering all the questions.

And we appreciate that.....please continue, that we might better evaluate your product.

Lot of time people install these themselves (we always recommend to get them installed professionally) and just lack the experience and tools. It is not an easy job to install these and that does frustrate some people.

Please go back to post # 94. It is understood that seat cover installation can be a tedious and trying endeavor if you've never done it before. Hence, the need for everything to fit correctly. You DID NOT address the potential issue of your product having an incompatible part (clips). It needs to be looked into and then cleared up here, is it correct or not?

Please compare us with other seat covers makers. It would be nice to compare apples to apples. We would love someone to look at our seat covers and compare them with lseat or anybody else and post pictures here.

Well....perhaps someone will make the comparison (do your job for you)...but I would think it incumbent upon the seller of the product to make sure they fit (in all respects) and then point out differences in their product compared to others. Do your research and cover all your bases BEFORE you start selling and you'll fare much better.

Thanks

^^^^

Expand for replies

@Ridies: Your leather quality is great but @nukegoat is correct about wrong clips being sewn to your seat covers. For someone installing them at home, it is a huge PITA. I'm having them installed professionally and it is no big deal for a professional to swap them out. Please correct this on your end and you'll have great product.

PS: I will post pictures tomorrow once I get the truck back from the upholstery shop.

Last edited:
@Ridies: Your leather quality is great but @nukegoat is correct about wrong clips being sewn to your seat covers. For someone installing them at home, it his huge PITA. I'm having them installed professionally and it is no big deal for a professional to swap them out. Please correct this on your end and you'll have great product.

PS: I will post pictures tomorrow once I get the truck back from the upholstery shop.

Thanks @LCT we appreciate your comment and look forward to your pictures.

Yes we are looking into this issue. @nukegoat is the first person who mentioned that issue.

Now please tell me which other company would look into something like that based on one complaint?

I know it is easy for people on internet to just bash a company or product, but please give me another example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom