Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can make them like that as well. Most people prefer no wrinkles though.

Thanks

Do you have pictures with the wrinkles like the OEM seat im interested to see if the pattern is similar enough.

If you are looking to upgrade your leather interior then visit ridies.com

Our motto is top quality and best prices. You will not find better quality covers - we guarantee.

2000-2006 Lexus LX470 / Land Cruiser Leather Replacement Seat Covers With Center Console

Here are some of the installed pictures from our customers

570_12714_1_Original_Large.jpeg

1582060631350.png

What color is the leather in these pictures?

Are you saying that 98 to 2007 are same seats? I thought 2002 to 2006 were same. No?
I forgot about the airbag change and not sure if that was 2002, 2003, etc., but the 100-series ran until 2007 model year then replaced by the 200-series in 2008 model year. I can't imagine 2006 being different from 2007.

Regarding the wrinkles, they aren't wrinkled at the seams, so pulling the material while sewing wouln;t match, but rather appear to have been embossed by a form into the leather if that makes sense. I'm not certain that can be achieved in the aftermarket, and even the ability to add the wrinkles is beyond what others offer, but they were an OEM feature and it's carried through on the 2nd and 3rd row seats as well as the door panel inserts. Maybe if you can isolate the wrinkles using your method to just the center panels and not the outer ones it would be pretty close. I'm not in the market for a full replacement as said earlier, I just need the seat bottom like most people.

Curious on your opinion as leather pros, why is the LC and LX leather seemingly poor in the durability department compared to other makers?

I forgot about the airbag change and not sure if that was 2002, 2003, etc., but the 100-series ran until 2007 model year then replaced by the 200-series in 2008 model year. I can't imagine 2006 being different from 2007.

Regarding the wrinkles, they aren't wrinkled at the seams, so pulling the material while sewing wouln;t match, but rather appear to have been embossed by a form into the leather if that makes sense. I'm not certain that can be achieved in the aftermarket, and even the ability to add the wrinkles is beyond what others offer, but they were an OEM feature and it's carried through on the 2nd and 3rd row seats as well as the door panel inserts. Maybe if you can isolate the wrinkles using your method to just the center panels and not the outer ones it would be pretty close. I'm not in the market for a full replacement as said earlier, I just need the seat bottom like most people.

Curious on your opinion as leather pros, why is the LC and LX leather seemingly poor in the durability department compared to other makers?

I think you are right 100-series will have the same seats going up to 2007

Yes those wrinkles would be hard to replicate but we can achieve something similar. We do that for 3000GT seats. Here is the picture
1582837950722.png

About the leather quality in OEM seats - well they are just trying to save some money and use cheap material

I received mine today - medium gray. The color is close enough, but the "center console" is clearly for non US market model.

@Ridies there's a problem with the seat back cover - the bottom attaches by going under and around and over and clips onto the metal seat back. Your guys sewed on something that's designed to clip onto a sharp sheet metal edge. The factory is designed to clip around a 1" round. There's no way I can see that would address this issue short of welding something on the back of the seat.

Also - there are no armrests. But the website says:
OARZRDm.png

Additionally, I'm not quite sure this thing is really compatible with the airbags. For one, it was clearly designed to wrap around a non-airbag seat, so the associated rods to attach the hog rings to are different. On top of that, I think the airbag needs to explode in a controlled manner and I'm not quite sure this setup will work with the curtain airbag?

Leather is nice, at least.

Last edited:
I received mine today - medium gray. The color is close enough, but the "center console" is clearly for non US market model.

@Ridies there's a problem with the seat back cover - the bottom attaches by going under and around and over and clips onto the metal seat back. Your guys sewed on something that's designed to clip onto a sharp sheet metal edge. The factory is designed to clip around a 1" round. There's no way I can see that would address this issue short of welding something on the back of the seat.

Additionally, I'm not quite sure this thing is really compatible with the airbags. For one, it was clearly designed to wrap around a non-airbag seat, so the associated rods to attach the hog rings to are different. On top of that, I think the airbag needs to explode in a controlled manner and I'm not quite sure this setup will work with the curtain airbag?

Does that center console work with the armrests?

Does that center console work with the armrests?
No, it's just a flap of leather that is too large for the smaller (USDM) lid.

Also - there are no armrests. But the website says:
OARZRDm.png

Leather is nice, at least.

The factory sent me pictures before they shipped (3/17) and it did include arm rests. They also asked the dimensions of my center console to be sure that they shipped the US version. Just reach out to them and they should take care of it.

813014BF-6B0C-4375-9517-CB8E50FC5CAF.png

The factory sent me pictures before they shipped (3/17) and it did include arm rests. They also asked the dimensions of my center console to be sure that they shipped the US version. Just reach out to them and they should take care of it.

View attachment 2242477
Hmm. How are you attaching the seatbacks? Good luck with that

Following this for my LX... If the feedback is good I'll be putting an order in at some point soon

Following this for my LX... If the feedback is good I'll be putting an order in at some point soon
I hope you like hog rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom