Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately
^^^

Oh hell no!

I'm already retired...and besides...it's a tough crowd around here. ;)

lol tell me about it. They all acting like 13 year old girls
This is a tough crowd!

I'm sure the upholstery shops don't even flinch with the clip having to be changed out and don't say Boo about it. But for a DIY job it's a somewhat expensive PITA proposition. You gotta find someone with a sewing machine that can do this and will niggle around with a piddly job that the guy wanting the job done doesn't want to pay much to "correct" the seat covers.

Or they could just take 2 minutes to staple :)

They don't know the difference between OEM and aftermarket :) Some of them are shouting as if this is the end of the world, I hope they call katzin, lseat, etc and see if they ever get a call back from those companies. Try sending them an email and then wait for weeks.

Meanwhile people who don't like to complain have been calling us to make orders :)

Unfortunately

They don't know the difference between OEM and aftermarket :) Some of them are shouting as if this is the end of the world, I hope they call katzin, lseat, etc and see if they ever get a call back from those companies. Try sending them an email and then wait for weeks.

Meanwhile people who don't like to complain have been calling us to make orders :)

The above response really bothers me.
I have been in the sales and service industry for several years. In my younger days selling and drilling water Wells, selling and servicing deep well pumps, and related equipment. Our new well installation clients each spending in excess of $20,000 each. For the later years in my life I sell woodworking items made with my cnc router and co2 laser. I owned the water well business and of course my little wood shop. I have treated all my clients, with respect. Realizing that it is MY privilege to have them as a client. NOT treating them like it is THEIR privilege to buy from me. And realizing that the customer has decided to spend their hard earned money with me. They could have done anything else with the money.
I actually need new leather. And I am looking to buy. But with this sellers response to members here has turned me away from giving him any money. It doesn't matter to me what quality he says his product is. I don't care, because his attitude towards his past, and possible new clients totally SUCKS. He should take pride, listen to feedback, and try to make an excellent product. And keep in mind that it is his privilege to sell his products. Fortunately, this is the only vendor here with this unique attitude. No sale here.
Rant Over

autotrimmings on ebay makes very good center console covers. Weldwood and a few hours, plenty of extra material past the edges. Great cover.

^^^^

This will probably fall on deaf ears, but it's a patently bad idea to disparage the same folks you wish to sell your product to.

By 'tough crowd' (to include myself) I mean we are Land Cruiser enthusiasts, we love our vehicles. We take care of...and watch out for each other here. We are not a group that is easily swayed and when presented with a new product (replete with much horn tooting) we will naturally have questions. You have answered some questions and danced around others.

You might well end up with a product that could be a good value for us (and sales for YOU) if you'll listen and follow up on our concerns. But I'm thinking you must not have any control over making changes in the product, else you would have already agreed to research it and make those changes (where necessary). Instead you choose to characterize your potential buyers as "13 yr. old girls and complainers". I have to say...that's a novel sales approach, never seen that before.

Good luck, done with you here.

When this thread came about, I was very intrigued with new seat covers. But, after seeing Ridles response, and attitude towards their customers and other MUD members, Lseat has my money now. Even though they take a long time for delivery, they still provide an easy, DIY product that fits and looks excellent, without trashing their customers.

"They don't know the difference between OEM and aftermarket :) Some of them are shouting as if this is the end of the world, I hope they call katzin, lseat, etc and see if they ever get a call back from those companies. Try sending them an email and then wait for weeks."

Do you have time to further define the "etc" so we have additional options to pursue?

@Ridies: Your leather quality is great but @nukegoat is correct about wrong clips being sewn to your seat covers. For someone installing them at home, it his huge PITA. I'm having them installed professionally and it is no big deal for a professional to swap them out. Please correct this on your end and you'll have great product.

PS: I will post pictures tomorrow once I get the truck back from the upholstery shop.

LCT, if your set turns out ok, I might be up for getting a set installed with your upholstery shop. I can make a run up to NWA sometime and leave it for installation.

"They don't know the difference between OEM and aftermarket :) Some of them are shouting as if this is the end of the world, I hope they call katzin, lseat, etc and see if they ever get a call back from those companies. Try sending them an email and then wait for weeks."

Do you have time to further define the "etc" so we have additional options to pursue?
Landcruiserheaven.com makes the leather I most desire in my LX. It’s certainly not the cheapest option, but as far as I can tell, quality is tops. Haven’t seen them mentioned in this thread, but I think that time has come.

OP. Wow. I hope you make your product to order, because otherwise you’re going to be sitting on a lot of unsold land cruiser seat skins. Everybody that drives one of these is on this forum. I’m shocked anyone would consider buying from this company after that. F rating on BBB!

Guys, for the record, I think the product quality is very high and for the most part they fit great. Are they perfect as advertised? No. Would I buy them again? Yes. Is customer service the best? No, but it's good enough.

Covid-19 is making everyone irritable these days

Guys, for the record, I think the product quality is very high and for the most part they fit great. Are they perfect as advertised? No. Would I buy them again? Yes. Is customer service the best? No, but it's good enough.

Covid-19 is making everyone irritable these days

Spot on. The comment from the sales rep was not called for, but after looking at other reviews on forums/youtube (Corvette) it seems like many are happy with the covers. If the quality is good and they would be able to get the "hook" to match OEM to ease the DIY job it seems like a decent product.

I recently received a US LX470 and I'm looking either replace both front seats or lower seats + armrests/consol, the latter seems to be more expensive than replacing both seats. To find the right vendor is a real jungle though.

After looking at LX470s for quite some time I realized that 95 % of the ones for sale could need new front seat covers.

Spot on. The comment from the sales rep was not called for, but after looking at other reviews on forums/youtube (Corvette) it seems like many are happy with the covers. If the quality is good and they would be able to get the "hook" to match OEM to ease the DIY job it seems like a decent product.

I recently received a US LX470 and I'm looking either replace both front seats or lower seats + armrests/consol, the latter seems to be more expensive than replacing both seats. To find the right vendor is a real jungle though.

After looking at LX470s for quite some time I realized that 95 % of the ones for sale could need new front seat covers.
Plus, what sort of activity is more entertaining than replacing a seat cover during a quarantine?

LCT, if your set turns out ok, I might be up for getting a set installed with your upholstery shop. I can make a run up to NWA sometime and leave it for installation.
I’m having it done in Joplin, MO. I work in that area so wasn’t too much of a hassle for me to drop it off there. I’ll post pictures once I receive it and you can decide then.

Landcruiserheaven.com makes the leather I most desire in my LX. It’s certainly not the cheapest option, but as far as I can tell, quality is tops. Haven’t seen them mentioned in this thread, but I think that time has come.

^^^^

Friend of mine had his seats recovered with their product recently and they look fantastic.

Last edited:
Unfortunately

Salesperson to salesperson, your comments just lost a lot of business. You said you have the best customer service. You have proven otherwise. You probably just lost all future sales for LC/LX. Good luck changing anyone's mind with a cocky attitude like that. No need in fixing your hook/attachment issue because I would doubt you will sell anymore 100 covers.
As for, "with Covid-19, everyone is irritable" comment. He has a business and had an opportunity to proof read his reply and respond wisely.
All everyone wanted, was for him to understand there was an issue, own up to it, state that it will be fixed prior to any more sales, and move on and take my order. At least, that was my desire.
I am sensitive to this because I am in the customer service industry though.
Just my .02.

OP. Wow. I hope you make your product to order, because otherwise you’re going to be sitting on a lot of unsold land cruiser seat skins. Everybody that drives one of these is on this forum. I’m shocked anyone would consider buying from this company after that. F rating on BBB!

Keep in mind despite what he has posted and is on his webpage. He does not sell covers for Land Cruisers, only Lexus.

Salesperson to salesperson, your comments just lost a lot of business. You said you have the best customer service. You have proven otherwise. You probably just lost all future sales for LC/LX. Good luck changing anyone's mind with a cocky attitude like that. No need in fixing your hook/attachment issue because I would doubt you will sell anymore 100 covers.
As for, "with Covid-19, everyone is irritable" comment. He has a business and had an opportunity to proof read his reply and respond wisely.
All everyone wanted, was for him to understand there was an issue, own up to it, state that it will be fixed prior to any more sales, and move on and take my order. At least, that was my desire.
I am sensitive to this because I am in the customer service industry though.
Just my .02.

I thought he was the owner?

^^^^

Friend of mine has his seats recovered with their product recently and they look fantastic.
Their website install pics look worse than my DIY job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom