Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ridies has no control over how the covers are installed or how the wrinkles look after someone installs the covers. Your question is answered

I don't see how an installer can introduce wrinkles to the internal surface of the cover when there isn't any to start with. I talked to a Pro after reading your reply. Here are the comments from the Pro after seeing the picture with red box.

I would lean towards sew and construction of the cover. Sometimes when I sew a cover that complicated and it tracks wrong through the sewing machine it looks just like that, wrinkled. Sometimes it can be fixed by applying steam to the leather and stretching a little during installation.

I don't see how an installer can introduce wrinkles to the internal surface of the cover when there isn't any to start with. I talked to a Pro after reading your reply. Here are the comments from the Pro after seeing the picture with red box.
I agree with the Pro mistakes can be made no one makes a prefect product. If their product is installed wrong or the hog rings are placed incorrectly without correct placement of foam or not stretched wrinkles will appear. All caused by the installer. You also have to remember that the seat foam (internal surface) is over 10-20 years old and has been mated to the old leather for the same amount of time it will needs additional foam to get it back to looking good as new. It took me 3 days to do the install with test fitting with 2 different foams to get the right feel and look. Botom line is Ridies make a great product and looks awesome if installed correctly by a pro or DIY that take his or her time and doesn't rush.

I agree with the Pro mistakes can be made no one makes a prefect product. If their product is installed wrong or the hog rings are placed incorrectly without correct placement of foam or not stretched wrinkles will appear. All caused by the installer. You also have to remember that the seat foam (internal surface) is over 10-20 years old and has been mated to the old leather for the same amount of time it will needs additional foam to get it back to looking good as new. It took me 3 days to do the install with test fitting with 2 different foams to get the right feel and look. Botom line is Ridies make a great product and looks awesome if installed correctly by a pro or DIY that take his or her time and doesn't rush.
Agreed to all the points. Proper installation is the key. This is why we always recommend them to get these installed professionally.

Ordered my set on June 24th almost at 5 PM Central and received my package today June 29th! That is 5 days total for production and shipping across the globe!! Even the freaking Genie in Aladdin is not that fast o_O o_O

All the pieces are accounted for and look great!

Thanks @Ridies

20220629_144133.jpg
20220629_150045.jpg

We are glad to hear that. We look forward to the installed pictures on this thread.

Ordered my set on June 24th almost at 5 PM Central and received my package today June 29th! That is 5 days total for production and shipping across the globe!! Even the freaking Genie in Aladdin is not that fast o_O o_O

Thanks @Ridies

View attachment 3046041View attachment 3046042

Looks great.
Will the fit the models in Australia?
We don't have the arm rest.

Thanks @Ridies

View attachment 3046041View attachment 3046042

Stone interior color? What Ridies color did you go with?

I’m trying to decide if I want Scheel Mann front seats or new leather covers.

I ordered the light grey color, it was a perfect match!

Looks great.
Will the fit the models in Australia?
We don't have the arm rest.
Yes it will! They sent me both wide center console (Aus market) and narrow US market covers!

@Ridies - do you have any pics of covers with perforated inserts?
I will be requesting samples, but what would you say is closest match to the Lexus Factory 'Tan' colour, code LF40

What kind of foam did you end up using? The driver seat front is in need of more thigh support.

Got a couple samples and am thinking 2 tone to match the dash/door panels.

Not to disparage anyone…recently had my front seat bottoms done, got a recommendation from a local shop and took the chance. I dropped off the truck at 730 am and they had a roll of leather. By 3 my seats were done. Obviously the new leather isn’t as shiny as the old leather, but sure feels good on my butt!

Less than $500, custom sewn and done in 1 day. And I didn’t have to wrestle with hog rings and seat warmers, etc….

BFBFF24A-0602-4086-8F94-E3D09C275839.jpeg

Agreed to all the points. Proper installation is the key. This is why we always recommend them to get these installed professionally.
Do you provide a list of recommended installation pro's? Any in the Los Angeles area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom