Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Ridies

Recently purchased a Napa Light Tan front set, to be installed by a local shop in the next few weeks. Will add photos here.

Question: What leather cleaner / conditioner do you recommend? Which should be avoided? Any tips on maintenance / upkeep would be appreciated.

@Ridies

Recently purchased a Napa Light Tan front set, to be installed by a local shop in the next few weeks. Will add photos here.

Question: What leather cleaner / conditioner do you recommend? Which should be avoided? Any tips on maintenance / upkeep would be appreciated.
Sure, we would love to see the installed pictures.
Leather makers always tell not to use any chemicals to clean the leather. They make your leather shiny in the beginning but eventually ruin the leather. Just use soap and damped towel. Never let water sit on the leather.

Sure, we would love to see the installed pictures.
Leather makers always tell not to use any chemicals to clean the leather. They make your leather shiny in the beginning but eventually ruin the leather. Just use soap and damped towel. Never let water sit on the leather.
Any recommendations on soap? Thanks!!

Light Tan Napa From Ridies. So far, happy!

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

Last edited:
Ridies - I see your product for Land Cruisers is tagged as JDM. Will this work with a JDM RHD model? Thanks

Ridies - I see your product for Land Cruisers is tagged as JDM. Will this work with a JDM RHD model? Thanks
Seat covers are same for both LHD and RHD. New seat covers do not come with any holes for levels/knobs. Making those holes is part of installation.

Thanks

Glad I found this thread! Will be placing an order soon. Product looks great. My seats are in tact and passable with no tears or rips. I just don't like how stiff they have gotten. I'm hoping this solves that issue for me.

I wonder what the cost of a new seat might be? Or even a used one from a totaled vehicle? The cost of these replacement leathers is high and the work to install them seems time consuming with a finished product only half the people seem to like. So I was thinking - why not just get a new (or used) seat?

I wonder what the cost of a new seat might be? Or even a used one from a totaled vehicle? The cost of these replacement leathers is high and the work to install them seems time consuming with a finished product only half the people seem to like. So I was thinking - why not just get a new (or used) seat?
This is an interesting idea. Looking partsouq's parts catalog I didn't find a part number for a complete assembly. I wonder if an aftermarket seat would be a better option in that case? Something like Scheel-mann would be ideal!

Why was the 100 series and LX never available with a black interior? That’s always been a mystery to me.
Why? Because that was and still is the most unattractive colour for any car interior!!!! I cannot understand why it seems the only option on most cars today, and I can’t wait until the obsession with that colour finally goes away!!!!!!!!

Mind giving a ballpark on what the cost was to install these?
It was $600 to install the front covers and armrests. Still happy with the results and after a year of daily driving they still look new. Bonus: The leather smelled good to me (like a new car) after install and that new car leather smell remains after a year.

Ed

Why? Because that was and still is the most unattractive colour for any car interior!!!! I cannot understand why it seems the only option on most cars today, and I can’t wait until the obsession with that colour finally goes away!!!!!!!!
It ages the best. Once tan or grey stains you’re SOL. Black doesn’t really stain. Same goes for learher, carpet, rubber and vinyl components. There’s a reason it’s so popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom