Replacement rockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who besides CCOT makes replacement rockers without the lip seal? My door lips are in great condition so basically just looking for flat ones. Every place ive looked just sells the outters with the lips seal and i dont require that.

Who besides CCOT makes replacement rockers without the lip seal? My door lips are in great condition so basically just looking for flat ones. Every place ive looked just sells the outters with the lips seal and i dont require that.

Without the seal, they are just some 16ga with some 90* bends. Easy to DIY.

Have you looked at Real Steel? I’ve used their product a couple of times on my resto and it’s always been good quality.

Have you looked at Real Steel? I’ve used their product a couple of times on my resto and it’s always been good quality.
Yes they only sell the rockers with the lip seal.

Yes fair enough. Time is really lacking to make some for me.

Yes prob my easiest option at this point.

Provided you have access to a way to bend the angle, this is an easy DIY project with a bit of sheet metal and a welder.

A quick trip to your local fab shop or supplier is quicker than fedex or ups....

I like to bring Donuts.

This is the easiest and cheapest way. I was in and out of a sheet metal shop in about 5 minutes, with a piece from their scrap bin.

Look for a local HVAC shop that fabs their own ductwork.

Did the size at all change through the years? I have one i aquired for nothing from a buddy but unknown age its for. I guess i could just take that as a template.

There are some guys in Vermont that can make you some replacement rockers at an affordable price. Poor Wally's Landcruiser Emporium.
Check out the Yankee Toys clubhouse section. There is some information posted. Good guys that do really nice work. They just restored a Fj45 back from the dead. The truck looks absolutely amazing!! PM me if you need more information.
Did the size at all change through the years? I have one i aquired for nothing from a buddy but unknown age its for. I guess i could just take that as a template.

20200221_202649.jpg

So I have this unknown rocker and it measures out at 34 1/2". Anyone know if this is correct? When I kinda eyeball it it doesnt go from the rear verticle body line all the way up to the cowl channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom