Replacement Rocker Panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the helpful info @gsnyder . I’m trying to decide which floor panel replacements to go with.

Wondering if you contacted the folks at real steel— I used them for the rear quarter panels and rear sill on my 67 Fj40 and they were very responsive. The body shop was also communicating with them regarding some measurements. All good for me,

They should definitely be aware of the problem with the rocker panels and cure the issue.

I am sure a lot of sales are the results of our experiences and reviews.

I never contacted them, I got burnt by another vendor not too long ago and didn't have the energy for a conversation about it. Just did it another way then I wanted too and moved on. :meh:

Wondering if you contacted the folks at real steel— I used them for the rear quarter panels and rear sill on my 67 Fj40 and they were very responsive. The body shop was also communicating with them regarding some measurements. All good for me,

They should definitely be aware of the problem with the rocker panels and cure the issue.

I am sure a lot of sales are the results of our experiences and reviews.
Agreed, If I don't get a decent resolution on this I am fine with going on as much social media as I can with my experiences. I'm giving them a chance to fix it, ball is in their court. Like @gsnyder said, lining up the floor panels....it doesn't look good for them fitting either.

No didn’t return them as they had sat in my garage for a while when my cruiser got put on hold.

figure I would keep them and make them available to someone who was looking for patch panels and not whole quarters.

It’s gotta be hard to make body panels for old and classic vehicles that probably were not perfect 40 years ago.
let them know if you haven’t. I doubt they are making much money doing this and we as cruiser owners need businesses that cater to our niece market so maybe people helping them to improve will be better for all of us. Sooner rather than later my new cruiser is going to need rockers replaced. I would like to get the best panel possible to replace.

I was trying to look back at anything I might have for help but I don’t have much and don’t have my body welders contact anymore.

EE5780CF-1614-4AAA-8841-011DAD44B126.jpeg

15AF81CD-0126-4DC5-9044-E05BF08A23CA.jpeg

0C00EBD1-801C-4D1C-92A7-B5F6DCB596D2.jpeg

@lumpy70 have you heard back from RS on this?

I need inner and outer rockers and was under the impression Real Steel was the place to go....not so sure after you and @lowtideride had the same issue.
This seller has me wondering if they are any good at all for the price

I bought some parts from RS. Rear quarters and patch panels. One set was slightly off. Gave them a call and was sent a new part right away. No drama just good service. I would order again.

Received inner/outer rocker panels from classicparts4u ordered off Ebay at a reasonable price.
Very fast shipping, parts look well made 16 gauge. The version with no lip.
inner-outer rckr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom