Replacement rear brake tubes for 94 80 series w/ abs- Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rear brake tubes are rusted out on my 94 80 series w/abs. Discontinued from Toyota and have had zero luck finding any. Part numbers 47234-60210 and 47362-60050, these are the long ones that run along inside the frame from the front back to the LSPV. Dreading the thought of making replacements and wondering if anyone had any ideas or knew of anyone who might have new ones available. Any experiences or wisdom would be appreciated! Thanks!

47324-60210, You swapped a couple digits around. Both of those numbers have been discontinued for at least 2 years so there is virtually no chance a dealer would have one hanging around unless his inventory control was sloppy. I'm sorry to say that you are going to have to bite the bullet and make them. :frown:

Screenshot_2019-08-30 PartsVoice Part Search Results.png

where are you located? i have about 5 sets of them but shipping would be crazy. i am sure you can find a part out rig somewhere near you and go pick up a set.

You can also make your own brake lines with a kit that can be had at eBay. It’s a copper/nickel material that bends easily and won’t corrode. It’s DOT approved and good to 4500psi. Kits usually come with an assortment of fittings but you need to make sure you get fittings that are 10mm X 1.0 thread pitch.

The Rigid brand flaring kit NO. 345 is a nice kit for the money and makes good double flares easily.

gopriest31, If you decide to make your own brake lines, and have never done this type of work before, I'd recommend Buying a few extra pieces of brake tubing.

The reason for buying the extra tubing, there is a really good chance you'll make a mistake when you first try bending that tubing into the shape/length that you need.

Now if everything happens to go right, and you end up not needing that extra tubing you can always return it for a full refund.

Another thing, you'll need a tubing bender in order to do this job right. So you might want to ask the auto parts store where your buying the tubing from if they have a lone a tool program.

If they do that'll save you some money from having to buy a tubing bender that you may never use again.

gopriest31, If you decide to make your own brake lines, and have never done this type of work before, I'd recommend Buying a few extra pieces of brake tubing.

The reason for buying the extra tubing, there is a really good chance you'll make a mistake when you first try bending that tubing into the shape/length that you need.

Now if everything happens to go right, and you end up not needing that extra tubing you can always return it for a full refund.

Another thing, you'll need a tubing bender in order to do this job right. So you might want to ask the auto parts store where your buying the tubing from if they have a lone a tool program.

If they do that'll save you some money from having to buy a tubing bender that you may never use again.
The kit previously suggested contains 25’ continuous feet of brake system tubing for something like $25. These kits are available all over the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom