replacement for a rochester 1 barrel carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey ........who knows what would best replace arochester 1 barrel carb. its on a 67 fj40 with the f engine i think mine is cracked and is suckin in air somewhere........

stock aisin, IMO....

get fj40jim or marksoffroad.com to rebuild one for ya.....both are highly recommended, Mark in CA, Jim in OH (I think....)

I luv my Aisen 1 bbl. :beer:

From the info on your last thread it sounds like you might want to spend some more time looking for other solutions before replacing expensive parts. Just my .02 Good luck Albee

I think by expensive parts he meant the carb itself. Replacing it with a 1 barrel will cost you like 300-400 for a new one or like 250 for a rebuild. Good Luck, my 1 Barrel isnt so hot either but I will have to make do for now I can't afford a new one.

Whattyah know, mine cracked too and is suckin' air!! I'm ticked off at mine, and I'll prolly end up sending it to Jim to rebuild/fix it.

where abouts did yours crack.........i think mine is cracked but i gotta take the carb off to find out for sure cause i cant see under the lip by the throttle ...............

Hi, I'm always curious and reading about carb stuff...maybe eventually I'll learn something. I have a spare single barrel Rochester, unknkown condition but can't see any cracks or obvious problems. PO has attached a neat little bar to thread extra jets into for high altitude I suspect. Dunno what they go for, make me an offer if you need it. This had a Man-a-fre spacer under it that was in pretty poor shape. If yours has one I'd look close at it for cracks. I can get more details on the carb next week when I'm at the shop all week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom