Replacement First Aid Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dermabond

Yep, in the Outback
Outback.JPG
Outback (1).JPG

by far the most useful looking kit is the one @JayDoc posted pictures of back in post #17. Coming from an EMS standpoint I can tell you there's a reason we don't just throw all of our $hit into a big plastic box and call it good. Just about every one of our bags at work is compartmentalized just like that one with Velcro instead of zippers. That bag is actually nice enough that I might consider swapping my personal kit into something like it if I can find one.

Most of the stuff recoemended in the previous post's is pretty right on. The two things I didn't see, and I've probably used more than anything else in the field.
1) 4x4 gauze bandages, use them all the time. The non sterile one's take up a lot less room, but, they aren't sterile if that matters to you.
2) Kerlix bandages. Head wound, wrap it with Kerlix. Gunshot to the anywhere, stuff some Kerlix in it. Want that SAM splint to stay in place, put some Kerlix on it. A roll of it will make a decent bulge in your kit, but is it every handy. You don't even need tape to keep it on. Just leave a tail of about 10" and rip it right down the middle, then wrap it back on itself and make an overhand safety.

by far the most useful looking kit is the one @JayDoc we don't just throw all of our $hit into a big plastic box and call it good. Just about every one of our bags at work is compartmentalized just like that one with Velcro instead of zippers.

Well, thank God we don't either!!! In fact, none of our kits come pre-packed. We do this intentionally because we know that the End-User isn't going to check his/her kit out daily like we do at the firehouse. We encourage each User to put a hand on every item and pack/organize their kit as they see fit and in a way that makes sense to them.

1) 4x4 gauze bandages, use them all the time. The non sterile one's take up a lot less room, but, they aren't sterile if that matters to you.
2) Kerlix bandages. Head wound, wrap it with Kerlix. Gunshot to the anywhere, stuff some Kerlix in it. Want that SAM splint to stay in place, put some Kerlix on it. A roll of it will make a decent bulge in your kit, but is it every handy. You don't even need tape to keep it on. Just leave a tail of about 10" and rip it right down the middle, then wrap it back on itself and make an overhand safety.

It's all in there. The 36" SAM is in the picture and we have the Kerlex listed as "Rolled Gauze"

Last edited:
Interesting stuff in the OuterLimit Supply site. Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom