Replacement Fenders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at some replacement front fenders. I was planning on getting some from Heritage but I found some at Cool Cruisers and they state that their fenders "are the only Reproduction fender sold in the U.S. and all suppliers sell this same fender. " Is this true? Do Heritage and Cool Cruisers sell the same thing? Their front fenders are cheaper than Heritage and I need both front fenders. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would search CCOT fenders, some people have issues with fit and hole line ups

I bought the CCOT Fenders before I heard about Heritage. Since then I have purchased a Heritage bibb, windshield frame and aprons and they have been great and very heavy duty.

From what I have read, Heritage fenders are thicker and have a better overall fit. Still some fitting to be done but not as much as CCOT. My CCOT Fenders required a lot of drilling and adjustments and were not as thick as original. I'm worried about a rock dinging the underside and cracking the paint on top of the fender. I like alot of the products from CCOT and they are great to deal with but if I had to do over, I would go with Heritage.

Hope this helps.

I bought the CCOT Fenders before I heard about Heritage. Since then I have purchased a Heritage bibb, windshield frame and aprons and they have been great and very heavy duty.

From what I have read, Heritage fenders are thicker and have a better overall fit. Still some fitting to be done but not as much as CCOT. My CCOT Fenders required a lot of drilling and adjustments and were not as thick as original. I'm worried about a rock dinging the underside and cracking the paint on top of the fender. I like alot of the products from CCOT and they are great to deal with but if I had to do over, I would go with Heritage.

Hope this helps.
I wonder if sor sells CCOT. I purchased one from them and yes it is not as thick as the oem and yes it has pimples from rocks slamming the underside. The fit wasn't bad though.

Fiberglass ones are nice if you're not worried about paint. I throw wrenches at them, and they just bounce back at me. :doh:

I Bought Mine From Sor Because Ccot Wanted To Charge Me 160.00 In Freight To Get Them To Me , Sor Was Only 40.00. You Need To Call And Ask Them What The Freight Would Be. The Fit On Mine Wasnt Really Bad.

The CCOT fenders fit like sh!t, you'll likely have to drill a few spot welds and reshape them a bit in order to get at least a factory fit. I would buy fenders from a different source if I were doing it again. The best are the factory Toyota fenders, if you can find some clean ones jump on them, even if they cost a good bit more.

Don't know about the heritage fenders, but I just received a rear sill from sor made by heritage that definitely has fit problems. CCOT is not the fender mfger. All aftermarket fenders (except possibly heritage) are made in Taiwan, a workable but certainly not perfect copy. I've had my share of hell with em.

none at the dealer anymore ? got mine at the dealer a few years ago, not to pricey .it is cheaper for me living in canada to pick up stuff locally ,
no shipping cost's . dealer was cheaper than CCOT for me .all that Heritage stuff looks great also .

CCOT fenders are junk IMOP. I didn't know you could still get OEM ones from the dealer...ended up wasting a $300 on CCOT's.

You can get a set of OEM fenders for about $400 for the pair. PM Cruiserdan on mud, I've boughten 2 sets from him now for the afore mention price. The OEM ones are stout and fit absolutely perfect....they should, there made by Toyota. The last set I bought was a few months ago, so I am assuming they are still available?

Just my 2 cents, Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom