Replacement EGR Temp Sensor for 80-Series FZJ - Use 89412-50010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Folks . . . I wanted to post this in the "discontinued parts" thread for 80-series, but that thread seems to be locked. This is also my first on this message board, so apologies if I am putting this in the wrong spot.

I have a 97 land cruiser which was having EGR system problems. Among the multiple parts that needed replacement, the EGR-temperature sensor was bad and needed replacement.

The original Toyota part number 89412-60020 for the EGR temp-sensor is discontinued and no longer available. I could not find on ebay, etc.

A search of this forum suggested that a different toyota EGR temp-sensor from a 4-Runner could be used, and just required pin-connector to be changed in order to work in the FZJ.
I just did this and it worked fine, so I wanted to share the part number for any others that might need to do this.

Part Number to use is Toyota EGR sensor # 89412-50010. It is still in production and available from Toyota (for now). It is intended for a 91-95 4-runner, but is the same exact sensor-element as the FZJ one. Just need to snip the wires to the pin-connecter on the new instrument and splice to the old-wires to retain the plastic pin-connector from your FZJ instrument.

Thank you for the information.

I replaced my "S" shaped hose yesterday for the PAIR system with a OEM Toyota part. It is not the exact same but after cutting down the hose it fits and is not rock hard like my old one or cracked.
PAIRS hose.jpg

Ditto: thanks for finding a replacement.

FWIW and for future searches if someone doesn't want to modify the 4-Runner part NTK makes (or used to make??) a replacement (EA0071) but at the time of this writing it seems to be out of stock everywhere (RockAuto, CARID, O'Reillys).

1FZFE FZJ80 EGR Temp temperature sensor 89412-60020 replacement NTK EA0071

All good stuff, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom