replacement clutch hard line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pardon my ignorance...I'm replacing the clutch hydraulic line to the passenger side slave.

Instead of trying to bend a piece of rigid line and adding the flex line at the last 18 inches or so....

What are the problems with just using a 60 or 78 inch flexible brake line?

LandCruiser frames are riveted together to Allow for Chassis & Body Flexibility and articulation in

the whole big picture Design

- a riged line keeps fluid safe , secure , and fastened to structure inside the HOT and Possibly TOXIC engine Bay

i-f you just run 1 piece Flexible , it would eventually fatigue back and forth and crack tube / Break

just like if you wiggle a wood Popsicle stick between fingers too many times , rubbing agenst the metal stuff all around itself

the Rubber Flex line is nothing more then like a Long Skinny Motor Mount for the clutch hydraulic system , between the flexing Frame and Chassis & Body

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on a side note : i have a NOS OEM TOYOTA 1 Piece Pre-Bent hard Line from clutch master to flex line ,

still has OEM parts Tags on it , for verification ..............

shoot me a PM if this can help you ?

Last edited:
LandCruiser frames are riveted together to Allow for Chassis & Body Flexibility and articulation in

the whole big picture Design

if you just run 1 piece ridged , it would eventually fatigue back and forth and crack tube / Break

just like if you wiggle a wood Popsicle stick between fingers too many times

the Rubber Flex line is nothing more then like a Long Skinny Motor Mount for the clutch hydraulic system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on a side note : i have a NOS OEM TOYOTA 1 Piece Pre-Bent hard Line from clutch master to flex line ,

still has OEM parts Tags on it , for verification ..............

shoot me a PM if this can help you ?

I believe he wants to run a flexible line from m/c to slave.

Out of curiosity how much is a stk hardline and how does it ship to insure it doesn't get bent?

Imo, a flexible line that long won't last as long and will also expand slightly each time pressure is applied to it. Plus, my guess, it wouldn't be cheap.

I believe he wants to run a flexible line from m/c to slave.

Out of curiosity how much is a stk hardline and how does it ship to insure it doesn't get bent?

Imo, a flexible line that long won't last as long and will also expand slightly each time pressure is applied to it. Plus, my guess, it wouldn't be cheap.

PM sent

A flex line is more $, hard is ~$10, flex ~30. But a hard line is difficult to bend to conform to the run around, over and under all the stuff between the MC and the slave. And, given my skills, wouldn't be very pretty and just might need to be redone.

As a side note, the MC kit comes with a flex line for the 18" or so at the slave end. There's what appears to be a system for mounting it to a bracket at about where the hard line would end. My slave is on the other side and I haven't found that bracket where it should be on the driver's side. Anybody have a picture of it? Looks like it should be a right angle thing...

I have ordered a hard line, 60" long. Don't know if it comes in a tube or is in a roll...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom