replacement Carb (1 Viewer)

am having carb problems, car dies suddenly when it is warm; a bit hard to start etc etc..

I can't rebuild a carb; don't have time/tools/patience however, am looking to simply remove my old one and put a new one in. Any suggestions of how I can get my hands on such a scenario?

thanks!

BDSeff1fitty

1982 Toyota Pickup

trollhole carb (look in vendors) or send carb off to mark or jim for a rebuild.

there are other aftermarket carbs, but right now those 2 options seem to be the most popular.

edit: since your stock, i'd go with a rebuild to keep it original. didn't take that long for mark to get mine back to me.

hey you

SILVER Star

Call Marks Off-Road. Also a MUD vendor. He'll do it right.

Sorry, that sounded bad. All of the MUD vendors will treat you right.

Last edited:

vapor lock? vacuum leak? bad fuel? bad fuel pump? There could be lots of scenarios causing your problems - how do you know it's the carb? Do you know if it's adjusted right? A couple screwdrivers is all it takes. Be aware that a Trollhole carb is for a desmogged setup. If you are wanting to keep the smog stuff then you'll want to either rebuild it yourself or send it out to rebuild (if you can afford to have downtime for a couple weeks). Seriously, $40 for a NAPA or Keyster rebuild kit, some carb dip, needle nose pliers, forceps (fishing supply store), 12mm box end wrench, 9mm deep 1/4" drive socket, phillips screwdriver, blade screwdriver, 17mm wrench, maybe 14mm wrench and you're good to go. It doesn't take much time once you read a couple threads on how it's done and understand what's involved. That's not very many tools either, and ones which you should probably have anyway owning a Cruiser.

My $.02

Good luck with whatever you choose.

It might be as simple as adjusting the idle speed up a little more. Hard to tell because the description of the problem is sketchy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom