Replaced the clutch, car won't move. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, newby here trying to help my teenage son. He has an 1985 Bundera which has had an engine change. Now has 3L diesel from a late 90's Hilux we think. I suspect the trans is original, possibly a G52 not sure. We put a clutch kit in it that suited the 3L engine. Looked the same dimensions as the one that come out. Now I don't get any drive through the transmission. The gears all select. The pivot fork has free play. Clutch is pretty soft, actuates the pivot fork ok. When clutch is released I can hear quiet whirring, normal I think. It is up on axle stands. The handbrake is off. I'm thinking the friction disk has the wrong size spline, too big, but my research tells me that it should be correct. What am I not understanding? Just looking for a sanity check before I pull it apart again. Thanks, Adrian.

:meh: the clutch disc was installed inverted, the flat face was not facing the flywheel

:meh: the clutch disc was installed inverted, the flat face was not facing the flywheel

This . Or on older larger clutches like big trucks they have bolts that hold spring tension on the pressure plate. They have to be removed after the plate is installed.

Don't feel too bad, I've done similar stuff more than once! One time I couldn't figure out why my PTO winch wasn't working and it turned out I had the transmission in neutral. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom