Replaced blower motor now upon startup engine wants to die with fan on. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It acts like the idle up control goes wacko when I have the fan on high. Voltage dips and rpms dip way down even stalling at times then bouncing up and down from like 800-1200 rpm. Tried turning it off auto so AC wouldn't be kicking in. After I drove it a while and got to work tried to reproduce it and it didn't happen.

I think there may be some kind of electrical gremlin. I had a lot of trouble replacing the alternator months ago, getting one that held the voltage. Now this one is whining at startup and more during electrical loads. All tests from Autozone and independent garages say it tests fine.

Anyone experience this or have any tips?

Are the blower motor and alternator OEM parts?

The alternator is napa. OEM ones are rebuilt anyway. I had my oem rebuilt by a denso shop and they tried 3 times and they couldn't get it right, it would whine also. The napa was better. The fan is non oem. Four seasons from Rock Auto. The old one was chirping really bad and when I swapped out the fan cage you could see all the dust from either bearings or motor brushes. The replacement was fine upon initial install and then today 2 days later I had this issue in the morning but it went away after the commute.

I think there must be some electrical gremlin that is causing problems that are showing up elsewhere. I have even added an extra ground from the batter to the chassis and from the engine to the chassis.

I would but it got kind of trashed getting the "squirrel cage" fan off of it. :(

I had major issues using a non oem blower. It was tripping the stability system and throwing codes like crazy when I finally realized what I happen I ordered OEM and it fixed it self.

I had major issues using a non oem blower. It was tripping the stability system and throwing codes like crazy when I finally realized what I happen I ordered OEM and it fixed it self.
I ran it for a couple of days and just made sure it was off when starting. Until vehicle was warmed up switching to high would cause horrible idle fluctuations. Now, if I turn it on at all, even low the truck dies instantly. The volt meter isn't dipping when this happens so Im not sure why. I think I am going to order the oem one. Cruiser Dan and Beno (sp?) arent around anymore are they? Is there a good source for oem parts at a mud discount?

Thanks,
Steve

Ok took your advice, ordered the oem blower for $150 from EBtoyota. Swapped it in and no more problems. I'm checking them first from now on then partzet and the Rockauto for denso only. Lesson learned.

Hope this saves someone else the hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom