Replace fuel line to fuel rail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace this line. When changing my fuel filter the past barb on the out port of the filter was seemingly welded into place and eventually broke. I have a new one on order ~1 week from Toyota. My question is, does anyone have detail on how its installed on the rail side? I'm coming up short and want to be prepared when the part gets here.

1682710346321.png

On the fuel rail it is connected via part number 23270 which uses two crush washers part numbers 23232 and 23270B to seal it. Part numbers reference your diagram. Good time to replace 23270 which is the fuel pressure pulsation damper. Make sure to use new crash washers since this is fuel and that there are no sparks around when you disassemble.

The fuel pressure pulsation damper will require a crowfoot wrench to tighten to torque spec.

On the fuel rail it is connected via part number 23270 which uses two crush washers part numbers 23232 and 23270B to seal it. Part numbers reference your diagram. Good time to replace 23270 which is the fuel pressure pulsation damper. Make sure to use new crash washers since this is fuel and that there are no sparks around when you disassemble.

The fuel pressure pulsation damper will require a crowfoot wrench to tighten to torque spec.

I was thinking to replace the dampener while in there. I'm not familiar w/ what it does but it seemed important haha. Thanks for the heads up on the wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom