Replace fan pulley bracket and now new rattle. ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello mudders smarter than thou!!!

I jumped in and replace my fan pulley bracket. Decent size job for me but I think I did everything right.

I drove truck about 20 miles last nights after completion to makes sure everything was good. No problems at all. This morning after about 5 miles I’m sitting in truck waiting on a guy and I hear a rattle noise. Thinking the new bearing is ruined like before. But it isn’t. The rattle sounds kind of like plastic knocking like the fan blade hitting the shroud but isn’t. The noise seems to be coming from under or near the DS timing belt cover and only at low rpm. If I get over 1000 rom it seems to stop.

It is not too bad when idling in park but really picks up idling in drive until higher rpms.

Anyone lived this life?

Thanks a lot.

I jumped in and replace my fan pulley bracket. Decent size job for me but I think I did everything right.

I drove truck about 20 miles last nights after completion to makes sure everything was good. No problems at all. This morning after about 5 miles I’m sitting in truck waiting on a guy and I hear a rattle noise. Thinking the new bearing is ruined like before. But it isn’t. The rattle sounds kind of like plastic knocking like the fan blade hitting the shroud but isn’t. The noise seems to be coming from under or near the DS timing belt cover and only at low rpm. If I get over 1000 rom it seems to stop.

It is not too bad when idling in park but really picks up idling in drive until higher rpms.

Anyone lived this life?

Thanks a lot.

I have a similar noise in my '04 100 Series with 117K miles. It is worse when the engine is cold and cold outdoors (which is all the time now in this part of the country). It seems worse at low idle in drive and goes away with increased rpm. I don't hear it on the highway. It sounds more like a plastic wobble of a fan blade or some housing or plastic bracket that is aggravated by the harmonic vibration of low idle rpm. Timing belt and water pump changed at 95K.
Any luck with your noise or any suggestions for mine?
Much appreciated!

Anyone lived this life?

Thanks a lot.
Video?

The noise was a lower bolt on a/c compressor that I did not tighten all the way. I thought I had posted to solution already.

It's always that last 10 yards that get you. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom