Replace 1998 LC100 steering wheel with later, Multi-Media version - wire volume & "advance" (left side) buttons 2 work with aftermarket head unit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. Have 1998 with aftermarket (Alpine) double DIN touchscreen head unit and aftermarket speakers. Does anyone know if it is possible to swap for a later model LC steering wheel with the multi-media buttons (Volume and "Advance" on left / Cruise Control on the right) and the smaller airbag cover - but wire (at least) the left side (volume and "advance") buttons on the steering to function with the after-market head unit?

I believe the clock spring tabs on the back are different. There is another thread that takes about it. Someone had suggested looking at swapping clock springs and the whole assembly which might work but would likely be a lot of trial and error.

FWIW there is another fairly recent thread on this. Sounds like a guy with a Tacoma did the same thing as well and did a nice write up. I hope somebody can blaze this trail because I agree it would be a great upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom