repeting stall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rinho.org
few day ago, the engine stalled one time, just as I was going to shift to "D".
I was thinking that it hasn't been cranked and I haven't heard it,
but Yesterday, I was stopped at the gas pump and I wanted to star, the engine stall four times, untill I depress the accelerator while turning the key and keep the rpm at 2.000 since a couple of second.
Other Observations is the feeling, at iddle... no difference can be see on the tachymeter, but the engine sound is not as linear as it was 6000 miles before (when I purchased it).
Is this a sign of old spark plug ? (if yes, what kind would I use)
I don't Know when they have been change before!
I always use premium gas
This is a really "B-A BA" question, but I haven't own a non-diesel car since 15 years
Thanx

few day ago, the engine stalled one time, just as I was going to shift to "D".
I was thinking that it hasn't been cranked and I haven't heard it,
but Yesterday, I was stopped at the gas pump and I wanted to star, the engine stall four times, untill I depress the accelerator while turning the key and keep the rpm at 2.000 since a couple of second.
Other Observations is the feeling, at iddle... no difference can be see on the tachymeter, but the engine sound is not as linear as it was 6000 miles before (when I purchased it).
Is this a sign of old spark plug ? (if yes, what kind would I use)
I don't Know when they have been change before!
I always use premium gas
This is a really "B-A BA" question, but I haven't own a non-diesel car since 15 years
Thanx

I would do the tune-up thing and start using "Top-Tier gas" as recommended my Toyota. www.toptiergas.com

Thanx,
I'll go to shell or Canadian Tires and look for !

Clogged fuel filter ? (never heard of one) Air Filter ? (just grasping at straws)
Bad ignition coil ? (somewhat common but I haven't heard of stalls - just rough running)
Maybe TPS problem ? (Usually sets a CEL and sets the engine in a limp mode)

Any CEL? make sure it lights on start up to check the bulb.

The best plugs are OEM or Denso (lots of threads) and don't need replaced until 120,000 miles

Try cleaning the throttle body. Sound like it's gummed up. Idle control is with the throttle plate. If its gummed the passages that the ecu thinks are open are blocked.

Link to the FAQ on throttle body problems ...

FAQ TB thread

LEXUSBEN's instructions on how to do the cleaning are in the thread above.

Still curious if your CEL is working.

I'm back !
Not definitively, but I have found a wifi to read the board
(I would have mine next week, I just found a house in my new location)

So... thanks for all the answers !
The trouble doesn't came again, but I'm pretty sure that the iddle sound was better before!
Anyway, I'm going to read what you linked

But... what is CEL means ?
I don't understand this accronym

edit after some search: Check Engine Light ? Yes, it's working

Last edited:
CEL: Check Engine Light

Otherwise, sounds like you had a good trip across this great continent. When I lived in France (81-84) I had a brief fling with a girl that was vacationing from just Gatineau (where you are right now). She worked in those days at the Ottawa Police Department. 25 years later wonder where she is today...

CEL: Check Engine Light

Otherwise, sounds like you had a good trip across this great continent. When I lived in France (81-84) I had a brief fling with a girl that was vacationing from just Gatineau (where you are right now). She worked in those days at the Ottawa Police Department. 25 years later wonder where she is today...

WWW shrink the world ! ;)

You are right... very nice travel (6.000 miles), viewing beautiful land and meeting very nice peoples, everywhere ! (except the guy in the room upstair at Luna Pier Michigan )
That was my "little boy's dream" ! And we feel definitively different since we've done it.
If Canada don't match us, we already know where we'll try to go ;)
The only regrets are against the bad weather waves which conduct us to by-pass Wyoming and South-Dakota.

Try cleaning the throttle body. Sound like it's gummed up. Idle control is with the throttle plate. If its gummed the passages that the ecu thinks are open are blocked.

+1 on cleaning the TB.
I had a similar problem and cleaning it worked.
DMX
2 030.jpg
2 029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom