repair woes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
89 fj62, stock 3fe.

I had my truck running great, but it was starting slow. I decided to replace the fuel pressure regulator, since it hadn't been (based on its looks). I put the new one in and started it up. Fuel shot out of where it sits on the fuel rail. So I took it out and the o ring had snapped on install. I checked the pieces to see if any had fallen into the rail, it seems none fell in. I replaced the o ring and installed more carefully. Started it up and now, its running worse than ever. Chuggy idle, loss of power, hesitation galore. Any ideas? I'm desperate to get her on the road!!!!!!!

I'm getting no cel or codes from diagnostics. Its just flashing fast repeatedly.

Pull it apart and clean the fuel rail. You more than likely have a small piece of something buggering things up.

I decided to put the old fpr back in to see how it'd act. Much better. Started off the same, bad. But got better. Back to normal. I drove it for a bit and it seemed ok. Then I shut it off for a few and pulled the efi fuse, put back. Started it up, and bad again. Yet it improved again to normal. I'm thinking there may be debris in the rail.

UPDATE. So all went back to normal. Drivability wise. It was fine after a few days. I decided to put the new one back in, since I paid for it. Running terrible again! I'm going to put the old one in, one last time. If its still running bad. I give haha.

That sucks. Probably got a bunk regulator.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom