REPAIR: Milwaukee 1/2" Hole Shooter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Well, my 1/2" Hole Shooter appears to be giving up the ghost....stalling where it used to twist my wrist off and cause me pain....and I'm not getting any stronger!

Reverse power seems adequate, forward is definitely not. Pulled the brushes out, they are fine...cleaned up anyways, no dice. Pulled the handle apart, check all the spade connections, all clean and solid, no change.

I'm guessing the switch....anyone with diagnosis experience in one of these?

And, if it IS the switch, anyone a supplier of parts that can PM me a repair price?

TIA...

my dad had a problem with the trigger switch on his milwaukee impact drill. dunno if this is a common problem on these tools....
it would just not work sometimes and you would have to finesse it.
he took it to the tool guy at work and he replaced the switch for free....i believe milwaukee fronted the switch (warranty of sorts IIRC)

I had a cheap chinese drill do almost the same thing but I was able to invert the switching. Forward became reverse and reverse became forward. Didn't need full power in reverse anyway.

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=14;threadid=8424;start=msg71616#msg71616 date=1070612317]
I had a cheap chinese drill do almost the same thing but I was able to invert the switching. Forward became reverse and reverse became forward. Didn't need full power in reverse anyway.
[/quote]

good idea...swap the blue wire and see if that cures it....

thanks!

Woody,
Not far from your place is Interstate Valweld Wisconsin Ave. they handle all of your Milwaukee tool needs. :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom