Repainting Damaged Quarter Panel; Input Needed!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was really impressed with the application of the CQuartz UK 3.0. It self-leveled very well and was easy to buff off afterwards. I did it in my garage at a solid 75°F and 35% humidity and it would flash after about 45sec and I’d wipe it off at 60sec. 3 coats total (on the finally coat I wiped it off at 1min 30sec) and then finished with their Reload spray within an hour of the final coat. It looks better than I could’ve ever imagined but only time will tell how it holds up since this is my first time ever applying ceramic coating. I’m really interested in it’s hydrophobic and oleophobic properties but I’ll have to wait for the next round of storms and highway driving before I can test those out.

thanks for the mini review! I’ll put it on the short list of coatings I’ll look at for my truck next.
Let me know how it holds up over the first few months.

thanks for the mini review! I’ll put it on the short list of coatings I’ll look at for my truck next.
Let me know how it holds up over the first few months.
I’ll definitely keep this thread updated with the durability of this coating. Also look into the Hendlex Glass Pro coating I used. I’m really happy with how it turned out as well since this is the most transparent my glass has ever been. Once again time will tell how it holds up and how well it’s hydrophobic properties are but I’m extremely happy so far!

Glad you had a good experience with the coating. You're right, it looks amazing. How long did you have to wait between coats? I goofed on mine, first time coating as well, and only did one coat not realizing I could do multiple. I'll see how long it lasts and maybe try another next time.

Glad you had a good experience with the coating. You're right, it looks amazing. How long did you have to wait between coats? I goofed on mine, first time coating as well, and only did one coat not realizing I could do multiple. I'll see how long it lasts and maybe try another next time.
Approx 30min between coats. I would do the hood and two fenders, then move onto the doors and quarter panel, then by the time I was done with the sides it would be time to move back to the hood & fenders to do another coat. I did the back on its own since it takes a lot to do both the upper hatch and lower tailgate

Can you share what you did to remove the pinstripes? Since you did it to both sides I'm guessing there was no damage to the underlying paint or clearcoat.
This thing is a LIFESAVER. Stick it in your drill and you can remove any decal, surface scuff, paint transfer, etc... No damage at all, but just like a buffer you don’t want to leave it in the same spot for too long or it could potentially burn the clear. Lasts forever too

Amazon product ASIN B00063VT0G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom