Repainting an FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at doing some major paint work on my '78 FJ40 over the next couple of months and wondered if anyone could give me soome guidance on the pitfalls, challenges, etc. This will be my first attempt at painting a vehicle so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect it to be an award winning paint job, but would like to do the best job I can on it. I'll be doing it out of my 3-car garage so space is pretty limited. Wish I had access to a downdraft booth! The PO did a schlock job on it and I think it definitely deserves better. Thanks in advance for the help. :D

meh, i'm about to put on a coat in my 2 car garage that is half full of junk. i'm just using some tremclad rust paint, applied with a roller. looks fine for about a year and then i'll do it all over again. don't really expect much out of your cruiser as chances are as soon as you paint it the rust will just bleed right through (you do have rust... don't you??)

Do a search, Sparky mark and I have been thru this subject matter pretty thoroghly. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom