Reno'd... 35's w/Steelies, Removed Flares, Rock Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been wanting to get this done since getting the truck. I hated the fiberglass flares and was curious about 35's.. I also wanted to ditch the 33" MT's and alloy's and move up to 35" ATs with steelies. Far better handling, braking and just general cruising - wicked for hauling boats out on gravel bars too.

Before and After

HDJ81 001.jpg

Truck 001.jpg

Truck 002.jpg
Truck 001.jpg
Truck 002.jpg
HDJ81 001.jpg

Did you paint that snorkel out of bedliner too? :D Looks good.

Been wanting to get this done since getting the truck. I hated the fiberglass flares and was curious about 35's.. I also wanted to ditch the 33" MT's and alloy's and move up to 35" ATs with steelies. Far better handling, braking and just general cruising - wicked for hauling boats out on gravel bars too.

I wouldn't doubt that the BFG ATs outperform the BFG MTs. But, my 35" BFG ATs are very off balance above 75 mph. My 33" Dueler MTs were only slightly more noisy than the BFG ATs and their balance was fine up to 100 mph though the tread was growing a little thin after 70K miles. The more I hem haw the more I gravitate to the idea of wrapping my alloys with Toyo MTs. Segmented carcasses are heavier but they hold a balance so much better than the clamshell carcasses that are so much more common. Firestone uses a segmented mold for their Destinations (Bridestone/Dueler is basically the same design), but they only go to 33". Toyo is one of the few who construct oversize off road tires with a segmented mold.

Street truck to....

Manly truck :D

What do ya think about loosin those running boards? Looks Great :grinpimp:

looks like it's on steroids now...beefy!

Very nice!

Thanks for the comments - I agree with you guys on the running boards but they are too practical for my use as "boarding boards"- when I have to launch boats with the truck all they way in the water I use them to climb to the back tire then swing onto the spare to release the boat - then back again with dry feet. When I find a set of sliders that can be used the same way I'll swap em' out.

I don't use the truck as a trail rig too often which is sad but I'll never part with her so one day that's all she'll be doing. Haven't hit the hills yet with the set up... too busy working.

Regarding the tires - I don't have the issue mentioned with vibration - even at 140km/h+ they remain smooth - not something I could do with the MT's and alloy's. It was the stopping/grippng or lack of with the MT's that kept getting me into trouble - the AT's are surely better here. They do grab alot of small rocks though and ping ping ping when coming off gravel to pavement.

Anyone have a photo of the gravel guard painted on the mirrors?

*The snorkel wasn't painted -just the same shade of black I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom