Reno is officially out of Pig carcasses! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snapped a couple today. Nothing special about these particular shots or the rigs or even their spot in the yard. Just happened to be out there searching for a particualr piece of hidden treasure. I don't find myself doing that much any more. as you can see from the vegetation/trees, these have all been here a while. We have actually cut trees in the yard at least three times since most of these arrived.

View attachment 2677168

View attachment 2677171

View attachment 2677172

View attachment 2677173

View attachment 2677174

View attachment 2677175
What a honey hole!! Alaska you said?

What a honey hole!! Alaska you said?
Yep. The Great land. I counted again today for the first time in a while. Only 9 pigs left there. Two LVs rusting away. Four '40s (two for restoration and a couple parts hulks) and thirteen parts '80s. A couple of other oddballs... A Mini truck and some 6x hulks.

If scrap prices ever go back up, a lot of it will go.

Mark.

Last edited:
Wow! Nature takes it back quick.

Turns out dog crap is pretty good fertilizer. The yard was sandy gravel... glacial till when I moved in. 20 years later... with anywhere from 300 to 900 pounds of dog in there daily over the years... Everything grows like crazy in there now. 🤔

Mark...

Found some good ingenuity while cleaning it out today. Who needs to buy a fan resistor?

2 2.jpg

Found some good ingenuity while cleaning it out today. Who needs to buy a fan resistor?

That is a perfect example of what I call "Bush Tech". I have had to explain it a few times to guys here in town when they sneer at some apparent hack. Something that IS a hack here in town where we have access to parts and services may actually be a damn good idea when you are keeping something working out in the bush far away from the right parts, tools and expert advice.

I have a lot of respect for Bush Tech when it really is. Half assed backyard hacks done when it could just as easily be done right, that is another story. ;)

Mark...

Rusty gold Mark. 20 years ago your pics of ACT and Morgan Fletcher running pigs on the rubicon caused my pig fever. Cheers to seeing you back in the pig section first knight🍺
I have found myself slowly pulled away from the Cruiser Obsession over the past handful of years. The last couple have seen me spending more time away from the shop than I have spent wrenching even. :( As has been obvious, I have been away from social media a lot during that time too. No regrets there. ;) But longer term future plans involve getting my head back in the game some in the short term. So along with that, I think I am gonna start enjoying wandering through mud a lot more than I have been recently. Maybe even drag the rusty old broadsword around a bit. ;):p

Mark...

Sometimes things go in cycles. More than one of us here used to be die-hards and then for whatever reason that passion relaxed as interests changed and shifted. It doesn’t take much and the next thing you know you’re jumping in with both feet again.

I was out of the Cruiser thing for about 10 years (nearly sold it off). Decided to go attend a Pig Party. After seeing what great work people had been doing in those last 10 years, I am once again hopelessly addicted.
Want to say there was talk of a trek into Alaska by a group of 55 running adventurists from the lower 48....

I will go to Alaska. Not sure when, but it will be in my Pig.
Scrapdaddy and I have also talked about an Alaska trip. Maybe we should talk about this at PP 2021.

The jeeps do not really invade. Not really a horde either. More of an infestation. Like rats. Or lice. Mainly they clog up the streets and get all slushy under the tires and hooves when the true Horde assembles and sets out over the roads. But generally the first river crossing washes all the stink and offal off. ;)

FK... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom