Removing Water Pump on 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dbla

Just tryin' to figure it all out.
Threads
Hey all,

Hopefully, this chapter of my LC ownership will begin to come to a close this weekend. Been a solid couple weeks of working on things, getting stuck, getting help... rinse and repeat.

I finally have everything but the water pump off... however last night I couldn't get the damn thing off. It's loose, but it's being obstructed by the AC idler pulley bracket. The hose behind that bracket is still attached but I can't get my hands in there to loosen the hose clamps.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get it free?

Thanks in advance,

-a

P.S. I am glad that I decided to take this repair as far as I have, the water pump itself is COVERED in grime leading me to believe that it's the root cause of my coolant leak. Now hopefully I can get the damn thing back together... 🤞🏻

Do you have any toddlers with small hands you can put to work?

I am victorious!

IMG_4327.jpg

So now my question is... this is the mounting area, can I use a degreaser to help clean this mess up?

IMG_4859.jpg

Any products recommended? I'll be doing a coolant flush so does it matter if anything gets in there?

And the hose that's down and to the left (passenger side) it looks like there's a section of rigid pipe connected by two soft hoses, but it's stuck, and I can't get it out. Is this attached somewhere?

IMG_3720.JPG

Thanks

-A

Oven cleaner and powerwasher with hot water will work great. Or just leave it dirty to show the 3FE its place in the world

And the hose that's down and to the left (passenger side) it looks like there's a section of rigid pipe connected by two soft hoses, but it's stuck, and I can't get it out. Is this attached somewhere?

View attachment 2034859

Thanks

-A
Upper left corner of diagram:

FJ62 Radiator and Water Outlet.png

The pipe is attached by one bolt to the underside of the passenger side engine mount IIRC.

That hard line is attached to the bottom of the A/C compressor. It brings two soft hoses together that one that is sticking out and the lower radiator hose.
On the diagram it is # 16577

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom