Removing the Y-Pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after installing the DT headers I am looking to remove the Y-Pipe restriction. I am looking at the Flowmaster 70 series that has dual 2.25" inputs with a 3" output. I'd need to use a reducer to make that happen from what it looks like. This would then require the resonator be swapped into something with the 3" input.

Any Y-Pipe solutions out there? Didn't see much of anything on a title search. For full context will be doing full Slee skids next months.

Looks like Borla would have been an option but not with the Slee skids. DT says their catback is only good for non-vvti. Looking for someone that may have used the Flowmaster 70. Thanks.

At this point what is the purpose of going with a reducer from the DT 2.5" pipe to a 2.25" then upping at the muffler to 3"?
You are at a point where really the availability of doing a custom exhaust is much better than trying to find a "fitted" solution. Outside of Borla, I do not know of any aftermarket solutions.

Plus, custom would also give you the ability to move things around and tuck things up a little more.

Do you exhaust before you install the Slee skids- (its a PITA to remove and handle the 95lb the Slee belly skid)

Yeah trying to get it planned right after doing my CV’s, and prior to the skids.

At this point what is the purpose of going with a reducer from the DT 2.5" pipe to a 2.25" then upping at the muffler to 3"?
You are at a point where really the availability of doing a custom exhaust is much better than trying to find a "fitted" solution. Outside of Borla, I do not know of any aftermarket solutions.

Plus, custom would also give you the ability to move things around and tuck things up a little more.

It is 2” off the cats and into the muffler iirc, I have not had much luck finding a dual 2” input with a single output for a muffler yet. I have checked a few sites, I’ll keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom