Removing the Roof Rails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m glad I found this thread or I would’ve definitely broke the nut plate. Are you guys trimming the yellow tabs so that the spacer sits flush? Or do the yellow tabs compress when tightening the mount?

I left the yellow tabs as they were and I didn't have a problem with the spacers sitting flush.

What thread sealer / loctite/ silicone are you guys using to waterproof the bolts when permanently deleting the rack? I’ve had the dealer take it off for me in the past and I never asked. Now I want to do it at home but want to prevent rain from getting inside.

What thread sealer / loctite/ silicone are you guys using to waterproof the bolts when permanently deleting the rack? I’ve had the dealer take it off for me in the past and I never asked. Now I want to do it at home but want to prevent rain from getting inside.

From the advice of others on this forum, I used: Amazon product ASIN B000HBM6NG
No problems since I installed a Prinsu rack 6 weeks ago - but I live in California where it doesn't rain, it just burns :(

Which product(s) did you go with? I'm not seeing the link in your post...Sounds like you had good luck, though?

Works fine so far.

Permatex 80011 Form-A-Gasket #2 Sealant

I plan on removing my stock rack from a 2015 LC so the LC will fit in my garage, can anyone confirm that these parts will fit a 2015 LC?

75596-0E040 - Cover
63185-0R010 - Bracket
90119-08C47 - Bolt

When I search online for parts at Conicelli Toyota it says that these parts won't fit my LC??

I spoke with Conicelli Toyota and they said the correct bracket for a 2015 LC is 63185-42020 and that the cover and bolt listed above will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom