Removing the EGR system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i used a thin plate and exhaust gasket material

IMG_0675.JPG

I haven’t had an egr in a year. The truck instantly felt like it ran better and smoother I removed and capped off everything.

Yep, that's what I am doing, but in addition, I wanted to block off the EGR at the head. Any reason not to do that?

Just use ball bearings to block off the vacuum lines. Details in the test plug thread.

Just did mine today, took about 10 minutes. I used the huddexpo kit, and blocked off all the hoses with ball bearings.
Super easy. Will post driving experience after work.

My temp sensor was a little dirty.

All of your heater hoses in the picture look to be original. Time to replace them all including the PHH.

Balls went fine, temp sensor is under the EGR. All good, but have to finish tomorrow.

Last edited:
All of your heater hoses in the picture look to be original. Time to replace them all including the PHH.
yea I was looking at that while I was installing the delete, another thing to add to the list.

The cruiser runs good, power I would say yea small amount. However the exhaust tube that connects to the bottom of the EGR, not hot.
That is good for me, no more cooking of the harness, and hopfuly give the head gasket every chance I can, plus no P0401 code.

on my 94 EGR setup, the vacuum port right underneath the temp sensor was completely plugged with carbon.
until i removed the tube i used a 16MM bolt with a shoulder on it to block the tube,the compression ring sealed it off and i had no leaks.i cleaned the carbon out of the tube and had to tap the shoulder down past the compression ring.

IMG_0678.JPG

The EGR can be disabled without a plate. I do not know the process on your 94 but many here have done it. I wanted the equipment out of the engine bay as I already had other stuff that had to come out for my PM anyway, so just went ahead and made the backoff plates and removed the pipe from the block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom