Removing the 2F and putting in the 12HT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I'm removing my 2F and installing a 12H-T. The main thread is in the diesel section.

Right now I am pulling the 2F along with the h42 and split case all connected together.

How do I remove the stick shifts for the transmission and split case so I can pull the engine out?

Hey All,

I'm removing my 2F and installing a 12H-T. The main thread is in the diesel section.

Right now I am pulling the 2F along with the h42 and split case all connected together.

How do I remove the stick shifts for the transmission and split case so I can pull the engine out?

For the 4 speed shifter-Remove the boot-at least the bottom of it, find the collar at the base, push it down and turn counter clockwise. It pops out with some spring tension.

The transfer shifter-remove the boot, disconnect fron the high low shifter, unscrew the shaft from the side of the tranny. You may also need to disassemble the shifter off the shaft.

I watched as Mark used two large screw drivers and pushed down hard on the ring and twisted it to get past the pins that are under there. There is a spring that is pushing on a cap that is keeping the shifter in place.

I watched NLXTACY watch Mark use two big screwdrivers... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom