Removing snorkel without breaking it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m having rust repair and painting done to the HZJ73 and I can’t seem to figure out how to get the Snorkel removed in a way I can reinstall it after.

I don’t see any screws on the outside besides what’s holding the top of the snorkel to the windshield frame and it looks like there are rivets attaching the snorkel to the round air filter holder.
C132DDB0-A3B5-4D59-BC5B-6C915EA7DE35.jpeg

9964F325-CD69-4177-BF35-9B44474258D0.jpeg

06C59A5B-70E2-48C8-BC29-62BF93962A83.jpeg

When I installed a snorkel on my 100 the bolts were inside the wheel well. You're going to need to remove the liner to access them.

Hello,

You will have to drill the windshield rivets.

Then remove liner to access both the air filter box and the snorkel "lip."

Take the chance to get a snorkel-specific fender and a snorkel-specific airbox.

Juan

Hello,

You will have to drill the windshield rivets.

Then remove liner to access both the air filter box and the snorkel "lip."

Take the chance to get a snorkel-specific fender and a snorkel-specific airbox.

Juan
Would that be the liner in the wheel well or the side of the engine bay?

To get the last one you might also want to remove the door to give yourself an easier access to the inside of the fender. I dont have any experience with snorkels on these that tip just comes from replacing the antenna.

There are studs molded into the snorkel tube, you can reach all of the mounting nuts through the inner fender. Skinny long arms help to get the last one.

There are studs molded into the snorkel tube, you can reach all of the mounting nuts through the inner fender. Skinny long arms help to get the last one.
Thanks!
I was confused by the lack of screws visible from the outside.
Getting to the inner fender was a bit tricky as the lining around the wheel well seemed rather unwilling to move but the small holes along the side of the engine bay made for just enough room to reach the bolts. There is also a hole from the very front of the engine bar area that was helpful if you reach far enough up.
We’ll see how reinstalling goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom