Removing Running Boards—One Friggin’ Bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’d love suggestions on how to remove one last bolt that I cannot get a socket on. I removed the passenger side running board. And I removed all but one bolt on the driver side. The culprit is the upper bolt on the last bracket (see picture). I have AHC, which limits space to maneuver.

I appreciate any help you good, knowledgeable mudders can offer.

F4586804-F902-4F50-9566-C2A9D72DD961.jpeg

@DubR - I saw that same bolt on my, and fear filled my heart.

But, if that's the rear-most running board bracket (ahead of the rear wheel), that upper bolt does not have to come out. It looks suspiciously like it does. Remove ALL other bolts and see if I am right.

Steve

@DubR - I saw that same bolt on my, and fear filled my heart.

But, if that's the rear-most running board bracket (ahead of the rear wheel), that upper bolt does not have to come out. It looks suspiciously like it does. Remove ALL other bolts and see if I am right.

Steve
Steve: I ended up removing the two smaller bolts that hold the running board to that rear bracket. After that I could remove the running board (with the other brackets attached) because I had all the other bolts out. Then, I could spin the rear bracket a bit, which slightly loosened the bolt and created a wee bit more space to get a wrench on the bolt. After 1000 tiny turns, the bolt came out. Then I simply rebolted the last bracket to the running board (I am holding on to them in case there is ever a reason to put them back on).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom