Removing rear jump seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I apologize if this has been covered before, but I did a search and couldn't seem to find any information on removing the rear jump seats.

I imagine I am looking way beyond the obviousm but I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to remove the rear jump seats - to eventually make room for Slee's drawer system. It looks like I can remove the three bolts that hold the entire assembly together and take out the seats and bar that it fits on altogether. Am i missing something or is this all that I need to do?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Yes, you can do that.

Or-

fold the seat up, take the arm that attaches to the outer support brace off of the inner pivot point (attached to the wheel well). Then press the flat thumb shaped piece of metal on the seat hinge and slide the seat forward (or is it backwards?) and the seat is removed. The brace bolted to the wheel well remains.

IIRC, you have to slide the thing forward or something like that when it's folded...

edit: OK, Doc beat me to it

The seats come off the bar.

Look closely at the attachment to the bar. You may need to pull/push the seats toward the front to disconnect.

EDIT:
both y'all beat me to it :D

With the seat folded up, unhood the long bar under the seat from its u-ring on the fender well. Then lay the seat down but don't let it latch into the floor. Squeeze the little tab hidden under the wrap of carpet on the frame mount between the cargo wall and seat edge and slide the seat forward on its rail. It will dis-engage. Remove the seat and repeat.

There may also be a decal showing this on the rear cargo wall. There is also a description in the owner's manual.

EDIT>>>Damn you guys are fast.

:) .

Mu-ha-ha!

That's pretty funny. Your posts hit a minute apart.

shows you who the sickos are on this board... :)

Thanks for all the replies. I will be giving it a go this weekend.

FJ80 jump seats

Glad I looked here and found they are designed to slide out without wrenching.
Is there any demand for LC owners who want to purchase these now that I removed my jump seats? I'll search but thought I'd ask here while I'm on this thread.

Glad I looked here and found they are designed to slide out without wrenching.
Is there any demand for LC owners who want to purchase these now that I removed my jump seats? I'll search but thought I'd ask here while I'm on this thread.

I can't give mine away.

but...there are plenty people who think they can get big bucks for them on craigslist...

Make sure you are done with additional:) family members or you don't plan on having kids, because you might need them later. Don't ask me how I know! :)

No kidding! There are two sets on CL around here. One is $250 and the other is $350!

I got you beat...some dunce around here is asking for $750, firm.

:rolleyes:

all the while, I have a set in my garage just taking up space...

I've got a perfect unblemished set of 40th anniversary two tone leather third row seats. They're going for $200 EACH on Cruiserparts.net. I'll let em go for $150. :)

I still think there's gotta be a way to use the seat covering from the 3rd row to fix tired 1st and 2nd row seats.

If I weren't so determined to eventually get some Sean seats, I'd invest the time and effort into heavy duty, double blind studies to find out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom