Removing Headlamp assembly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased some new headlamp assemblies from Dan at American Toyota. The big question is how to remove the old, and install the new? The Cruiser is an 06. I do not have an FSM handy at the moment.

If you mean the whole low/high beam assembly, then it's just held on by a couple screws. If my memory serves me correctly, it might make it easier to take the corner lamps out, which is held on by one screw and a clip you can get to with a long screwdriver. It's very self explanitory-I managed to remove it without reading an FSM. I just started unscrewing stuff and yanking, and it came out within a half an hour.

Yes, It is the whole enchilada.:) When you removed yours was it on a 100 or LX?

Unscrew the small screw on the outside of the headlight at the end of the upper radiator support. It holds the turn signal in place. once that screw is out, you can bump the turn signal toward the front of the truck. Once it pops free, disconnect the bulbs and unscrew 4 bolts holding the headlight assembly in place.

Sounds like these guys are describing the process for the older 100s with the separate turn signal housings, you're talking about the newer one piece lights I would assume. Either waym the process should be fairly similar. The bolts on my '00 are pretty obvious - yours should be too. A couple at the top, a couple at the bottom and presto.

Thanks all :)

The hardest bolt is the bottom outside corner that is below the bumper cover...your probably supposed to remove this:hmm:

I also removed the grill but probably did not need to although it did make things easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom