Removing front hardlines from Brake M/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to remove the hardline going to the front brakes coming from the master cylinder. I figured the best way to get at it was to take the mount (located on the frame adjacent to the header) off and go from there... in order to get at it, i removed the header and the oil filter. I was able to fit a 12mm wrench down there but the bolt was well worn so i stripped it trying to loosen. I'm thinking about taking the header and manifold off so i can fit some vice grips down there to get this mount bolt off... anyone have any ideas before i jump in?

anyone have any ideas before i jump in?

Only that it should be 10mm. A 12mm wrench would no doubt slip and round off the corners.

Also, the one by the header on mine was a PITA. It was real close to the header and pretty well stuck together (probably from all the heat it sees). I ended up sliding off the clips and pulling the line out of the bracket and straightening out the hardline to get to the connection under the frame. I then used vice grips to get it off. That to me was easier than removing the header, etc.

Good luck! :cheers:

Thanks FF LC FREAK!! I'll give your method a shot..

my 67 is a 12

I tried to pull the line down underneath the mount while twisting the brake line fitting but the line started cracking and i didn't want to do too much damage yet, as i don't have the $ for the braided lines yet.. I decided to pull the headers since i have a new one to put in..
Now i have the manifold and carb off, and the headers and exhaust pipe from the collector back to the muffler.
I'll go at the brake line mount bolt with a vice grip and replace it with new..

How does this "line wrench" work? could i have done this job without removing the headers?

If i knew how to weld, i could have done the new exhaust myself.. Will it save me $ to deliver this truck to the exhaust people with the new header installed? All they will have to do is install the collector and put in a pipe from the header to the muffler. Does anyone know how much a job like this runs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom