Removing EGR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I remove the EGR and some of its vacuum controls to set my motor up like the non EGR equipped middle eastern 80's.
Or will the throw code's .

Curious as well!
I'd imagine if I make a block off plate, that'll take care of that part, but will any electrics need to be terminated, or stay plugged in to not throw codes.

Napa sells the valves but list two of them from 1/95 and one to 1/95

Any one know what the diffarance is? I can't go a look at my build date im parked 10000 miles away.

Im going to block it off or just keep spending $$ on fixing it.

Any thing I should know about removing it to replace or block off.
Bolts that will bust off rusted parts stuck hoses?

I did have pinging at part throttle and I had the code 401 I did replace the valve that comtrols the EGR.
I still get the code and the pinging . So do i need the EGR to work?
also do i have OB1 or OB2 in a 1995?
I need to pick up parts in the states and bring them to Cambodia.

Thanks

I've removed the EGR valve and made a backing plate for it on the head as well as the throttle body. Search under my name and "Rust belt rebuild" and you'll see how I approached the problem.

You will throw a P0401 since there is no EGR valve anymore, but you can bypass this with a resistor in the EGR temp. sensor.

Good luck.
-o-

This is something I want to do also, only thing i need are the block off plates. I went through you whole thread, all the way to the last page where i finally found the part pertaining to this....lol

I see you fabbed up the plates your self, any interest on making a few extras, i bet there is a small demand for them. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom