Removing Dog Saliva from Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my LC a couple months ago and the PO (8years) was a dog owner. Now that the smell of wet dog is out of the interior, I am trying to attack the dog slobber stains on the rear doors.

Here is what I used:

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
Ignore the Turtle Wax (first mistake)

It looks better but not completley satisfied, the slobber stains are still there they some how just blended in.

Any suggestions?
_MG_1326.jpg
_MG_1331.jpg

light wet sand with a 2000 grit and compound and polish again. if that dont take it out its not coming out.

light wet sand with a 2000 grit and compound and polish again. if that dont take it out its not coming out.

X2!! This answer is what I was thinking when I read the question.
As a multiple dog owner, you have my sympathy. What I can't figure out, is why was that previous beast drooling all over your rig? Female in heat? I've got Ridgeback tracks, scratches and all across the hood of our 92 Corolla, from an exuberant 8 month old puppy. It won't buff out either! :bang:
Good luck!

Probably had the dog in the backseat with window rolled down so it could stick its head out. Yeah unfortunately, the 2000 grit, compound, polish is all you can do. The acidity of the slobber has worn into the clear so it will always be present.

I've got a English Mastiff that loves to ride with the windows down, and I've got to deal with a TON of slobber down the side of the Cruiser as well. I've been able to get mine out with 3M rubbing compound and a machine buffer. The joys of owning huge drooly dogs...

TK

Yeah we used to have a 95 Ford Ranger with a shell on the back. Our lab mix LOVED to hang his huge head out the window while we were driving. The resultant slobber on the rear fender ended up eating through the first layer or clear after a year in the hot NV summer sun! Needless to say we did not bother trying to fix it.

i can't give you and advice as i keep my beast's head in the truck to protect his eyes. i do however have two rear windows i can barely see out of. i'm getting it detailed later this week. i had no idea how hard that stuff was on paint. i do know how hard it is to get off walls though.

october 2011 050b.jpg
october 2011 050b.jpg

cool dog!

Are you sure that's a dog? Dang thats a biggin'

I had no idea dog saliva was bad on paint either. Good to know.

OMG, that's like putting a Chihuahua in a model-LC !

yeah that's why i have the dakkar heavies on the truck. he's my 170 lb sand bag in the back. he sure makes a mess back there but hey it's not really his fault is it? hopefully the slobber doesn't eat the vinyl on the head rests. out of curiosity has anyone tried any of those paint restoration products or are they for suckers? i don't know of any real world experience but that may help the dog slobber on the paint problem.

yeah that is what the back of our Highlander usually looks like after a visit to the dog park. We have three Lab/Pit mixes, all between 60 & 90 lbs each. Can definitely feel the change in the springs when they vacate the car.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I will try the 3M rubbing compound first before I wet sand. I will post of the results as soon as I do it.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I will try the 3M rubbing compound first before I wet sand. I will post of the results as soon as I do it.

I'm intrigued, keep us informed. This will be really helpful, thanks. J

I have some old dog drool on my truck. After trying various suggestions, vinegar, dawn, nothing worked decided to try rubbing compound told wife, after some thought she suggested goo-b-gone. After testing the paint, went to the stains and they came right off. Just to be safe I rewashed the area and waxed, looks great now.

Smear the whole panel with peanut butter and let the dog polish it for you. Sorry, I just had to.
Previous owner had dogs. I didn't have slobbers except on the windows. It ruined the tint! The hair and sand was in every nook and cranny. Those dogs must have had a great life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom