Removing ARB drawers for use in a different vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I'm hoping to pick up a set of ARB drawers from someone in GA. They are currently installed in his 80. I'm wondering how difficult it is, or what's involved to remove them as a whole and install them in one of my cruisers. I have a set in my 80 but I installed them 3 years ago and don't recall much other than it took a little while to complete. I am hoping to drive up, take them out, install them and then leave in a short window of time. Anybody removed an installed set and have any suggestions?

Why not try to look at your own ARB drawers and go from there???? :hmm:

I have no idea either.

Why not try to look at your own ARB drawers and go from there???? :hmm:

I have no idea either.
I know, it sounds simple right. Unfortunately the cruiser that I have them installed in is in San Diego, and I am in Florida.

I just did an install in my 80 a week ago.
what i'd do:
-have your cruiser ready with the seat anchor cross bars removed & carpet cut to expose outer(verify - cant remember if i use inner or outer set) sets of holes, reinsert bolts.

when you go to do the swap
-remove drawer stops (4x10mm per drawer), slide out drawers
-remove drawer tops if rollers (4x phillips per top), slide off tops
-Remove the side covers & wings (4x 5mm? allens per forward panel, 3x phillips per rear)
- unbolt 4x 14mm bolts (if mounted into 3rd row base bolts)
move system over and go in reverse process

99% of the work is setting them up to fit in the 80 properly. Once assembled you should be able to swap them into another cruiser in 30-45min if you know how they go together and yours is prepped.

what i'd do:
-have your cruiser ready with the seat anchor cross bars removed & carpet cut to expose outer(verify - cant remember if i use inner or outer set) sets of holes, reinsert bolts.

-Remove the side covers & wings (4x 5mm? allens per forward panel, 3x phillips per rear)

99% of the work is setting them up to fit in the 80 properly. Once assembled you should be able to swap them into another cruiser in 30-45min if you know how they go together and yours is prepped.
Did you ever find the other mount hole or did ya drill it

Did you ever find the other mount hole or did ya drill it
Haven't had a dry night to pull the drawers back out. 99% sure it wasn't lining up with the other seat bracket cause i didnt have the drawers set all the way to the rear metal trim. going to see if the other bar will line up now (it should).

what i'd do:

Perfect!! Just what I needed. Pulling the drawers first light of day tomorrow. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom