Removing AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to remove the a/c from my 74' FJ40. How easy/difficult is it to do?

No big deal. Where are you located and I'll come help for the price of the A/C if it's factory!! If you want I'll even find the parts to fill in the "holes" left from the A/C (but only for first dibs on the A/C).

Last edited:
Depends on how mechanically inclined you are, especially if it works and you want to sell a complete, working unit. If your favorite tool is the blue-tipped wrench and you are trashing it, I'd say pretty easy and could be done pretty quick.

It just takes common hand tools. Back in the day I bought a Toyota kit for my 87 4X4 pickup and it was pretty easy to install.

BigSur said:
I want to remove the a/c from my 74' FJ40. How easy/difficult is it to do?

Why do you want to remove it and what brand is it?

Curious because my next Land Cruiser project (FJ45) will have A/C and I'm interested to know if the one you have has problems or does not work well.

if its a 74 and has AC it is more then likely not OEM AC, but one of a few older or newer aftermarket AC units.

If its a Nippon Denso unit its OEM.......anything else is not OEM(in a 40)

most likly just a matter of unbolting the blower, all the lines, compresser and what not.

Maybe he just means the Air Cleaner.

There was no oem a/c in the United States prior to the 79 model year. Take a pic of your unit and post it, I have one for sale that's aftermarket, but only the in car portion, you'd need your own compressor etc.

yes, we need a/c down here. box it up and send it this way.

always easiest to take crap OFF your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom