Removed Front Sway Bar: Assessment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've been gathering some information from various threads about the effects of removing the front sway bar and decided to do it myself. Some information for anyone interested below.

Reasoning: After my lift the suspension creaked and popped a little afterward. I also noticed that the truck seemed less to pertinent to roll of any kind which really made the truck seem like it had no give on bumps or uneven terrain.

Assessment: Went for a drive on some roads that had uneven lanes and dirt roads to see how much roll it would produce. All in all more roll is noticeable, but I don't feel it's dangerous in any way. Definitely more complaint when going over bumps and uneven terrain. Also, the creaking and popping are gone (duh) so that's an added benefit.

Question: For those who have removed front sway bars, where did you attach the wires on each side to prevent them from getting snagged on anything?

:cheers:

Mine has been gone almost a year and like it gone ;)

Wires? what wires?

Mine has been sitting in my garage for 3 years now and will never see my truck again.
What wires?

Correct...They are ABS wires. To the best of my knowledge, they attach to the Sway Bar only on post-94 trucks. Before then, they are supposedly attached to the front control arms.

They don't hang very low, but anything can happen off road.

Correct...They are ABS wires. To the best of my knowledge, they attach to the Sway Bar only on post-94 trucks. Before then, they are supposedly attached to the front control arms.

They don't hang very low, but anything can happen off road.

ah, yes mine is a '94. Never have really looked that close at a later year.

Can't imagine it being more than to secure them out of the way?

You don't need to do anything with them. Just wheel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom