remove the intake manifold to clean it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct - no larger ones are see through. Electric car drivers get range anxiety, the 1.5 OZ size would give me over-fill anxiety on highway road trips 😀
Nothing see through but this one has a dip stick which will suffice.
They also have a couple with the clear level measuring tube on the side. That one looked enticing but adds potential leak/vacuum points which would cause leak anxiety 😀

F461B3BA-6637-4168-A8B4-E085A01C86ED.jpeg

Here's my catch cans, and my clean intake
Correct - no larger ones are see through. Electric car drivers get range anxiety, the 1.5 OZ size would give me over-fill anxiety on highway road trips 😀
Nothing see through but this one has a dip stick which will suffice.
They also have a couple with the clear level measuring tube on the side. That one looked enticing but adds potential leak/vacuum points which would cause leak anxiety 😀

View attachment 2647395
I have 2 like that, one on the pcv and the other on the breather hose from the valve cover to the intake hose. I get about a tablespoon ot so in a thousand miles, but my engine is tight and only 150k miles.

IMG_20200428_114547.jpg

I have 2 like that, one on the pcv and the other on the breather hose from the valve cover to the intake hose. I get about a tablespoon ot so in a thousand miles, but my engine is tight and only 150k miles.

View attachment 2647447
I’m still watching and learning how mine performs.
I pretty much filled mine up (1.5 oz) in three hours running 70-75mph (roughly 3,000 RPM)
Around town I get some dribble into the can and fill a half can every 300 miles.
The motor is good but at 235,000 miles it probably is a bit looser.

Reading the reviews on the one you have, there are some concerns/issues with crankcase pressure. Have you noticed any issues?

Did you use the same one linked by @EscapeWagon62?
The same basic unit is sold under several different brand names (universal/unbranded, Speedwow, Espeeder etc)
Two different setups available. His had a bolt on top where you can screw in a a “vent to atmosphere” filter. I always plan on venting to air intake mine doesnt have the top bolt.

Oh and be careful if you pull off the intake manifold. Likely before you know it you will have cleaned every square inch of the engine :)
@Seth S the word prescient comes to mind when I consider
these words from last week.

F3F8150E-B7F5-4339-AD75-C6A55C4E6795.jpeg

0B61D980-DF97-43AC-9182-A665FF8158BE.jpeg

You might as well get a new valve cover gasket. Because now you have to pull yours and either paint or powder coat it after a good media blast and post cleaning. @ToyotaMatt has a nice set of new hold down nuts and washers to finish it off.

Oh yeah! I went the same route when I refreshed the injectors. Check all the electrical while you are in there, easy to access now. I went crazy and got things zinc plated... the rabbit never really ends. Definitely do as @Seth S suggests and order some new valve cover items:
Nuts: 90176-08014
Grommets: 90210-13001
PCV gasket: 90480-18001
PCV valve: 12204-35040
Valve cover gasket: 11213-61020

You can get these parts from Toyota no problem. :)

You might as well get a new valve cover gasket. Because now you have to pull yours and either paint or powder coat it after a good media blast and post cleaning. @ToyotaMatt has a nice set of new hold down nuts and washers to finish it off.
Already did the gasket when I adjusted the valves. I kinda like the crazy coloring on the valve cover! You don’t?!

Already did the gasket when I adjusted the valves. I kinda like the crazy coloring on the valve cover! You don’t?!
Patina!

Her name was Tina, and I got to pat her. . .

I’d trade the black paint for gray but yeah that engines a beautiful.
Patina!

Her name was Tina, and I got to pat her. . .

if i am seeing right ?

a 3FE valve cover is sheet metal stamped steel that can rust or flash like above ?

i thought all 3FE ones were alloy aluminum like a 2F

🤔

Aluminum will oxidize but it needs contact with mercury in order to do the equivalent to rusting but it won’t turn to iron oxide. Maybe more info there than needed.

certain elusive looks like that valve cover is stamped steel.

I’ll take 3FE is stamped steel for $200 Alex 😀

if so ?

i am truly shocked and let down by Mr. T for the 4,200,687 time this century .......... :poof: :poof:

WOW what a SEMA Spec idea :poof::poof::poof::poof:

contract a alloy casting forge type place to spit out a redesigned and way more stylish 3FE valve cover ?

I would personally have a HUGE er then typical EMBOSSED
3FE on the front much like a 79-80 only 2F

then have 2 Teq Logos also Embossed , inside circles too , one on each side of 3FE , sorta like a ROYAL guards , 🤔

sorta the idea on that .........below : :cool:

Tough as Nails in Appearance , Making a Bold & Embossed Statement at Same Time .....

My SEMA Spec. comparison to 79-80 2F Theme period correct ..

1619998834729.png

1619952206113 - Copy2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom