Remove HVAC blower assembly. Need Service Manual pdfs please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can somebody please post the relevant section for removing the entire assembly out of tbe dash? My 200 is a 2013 model. I have a busted recirculate door and need to get the whole thing out to evaluate and probably replace the entire unit.

This is a repost of my comments in this thread, in the hope more members will see it.

Cabin Filter Change and the Recirculation Flap Issues FIXED

Thanks,

John Davies
Spokane WA

:beer:

Attachments

• instr panel_removal.PDF
    861.2 KB · Views: 126
  • blower motor_removal.PDF
    24.6 KB · Views: 85
  • ac unit_removal.PDF
    271.3 KB · Views: 133
  • blower unit_removal.PDF
    35.8 KB · Views: 91
  • blower unit.PDF
    66 KB · Views: 82
Thanks, that is way more info than I need, but I do appreciate your posting.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Do you have to remove the dash completely to replace the blower motor assembly?
My car had a short term carmax warranty and they did replace my assembly but I was installing my VLine Carplay unit and found a part of the dash that was actually cut and epoxied. I am assuming the tech did this to avoid removing the entire assembly and I plan to discuss with CM manager whom I've already alerted about this

241018EF-04B1-4885-98F6-351586452518.jpeg

I haven't done it myself, but did a little research after my blower got noisy one afternoon. From what i understand it's a 20 min job, although the FSM may say otherwise. Remove panel under glovebox, remove a couple bolts and it falls out.

Just the motor can be replaced from underneath without cutting or dash removal. A bit awkward spot, but not hard and doesn’t take long. Replacing the entire blower assembly box does require dash removal. It’s necessary to do that if replacing it to fix the HVAC recirc/fresh door that is so commonly broken by ignorant techs checking the cabin filter. Looks like a shortcut was taken on your LC so there may be other damage as well.

They did replace the entire assembly.
And it functions properly.
but yes I bet he took one look at having to remove the entire dash and said F this and cut it.
I’ll make sure Carmax makes it right. Idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom