Remove grill/brush guards? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi:

I'm a newbie who's been looking for an affordable '97 LC for a while - I've finally found one but it has brush/grill guards on the front and the taillights...before I buy it I need to see if I can remove them myself without ruining the exterior (or pay a pro to do it).
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Grace

Usually just a matter of a few bolts/screws, easily removed.

ratchet, socket, and wrench end of story.

Or you could just wheel it and let nature take it's course. :D

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Removal should be straight-forward.
Be careful to not let it fall and dent the rig during removal ;)

I duno if i were you i would keep the front bush guard on, maybe loose the tail light ones. My arb bumber saved me from needing a whole new front end!! Personal preference tho i guess :)

i'm pretty positive that grace isn't asking about a replacement bumper. sound like a POS brush guard.

andrew7elk said:
I duno if i were you i would keep the front bush guard on, maybe loose the tail light ones. My arb bumber saved me from needing a whole new front end!! Personal preference tho i guess :)

World of difference between an ARB bumper and a stock brush guard.

If it's from either Manik or WAAG the front is held in place by 4 bolts using the bolts holding the front OEM tow points in place ........ .5 :banana: job, make sure you have someone their to hold the bar up when you back the last bolts out.

Thanks again, everyone...I'm posting another question regarding this truck if anyone has more advice for me.
g

I have always called the front grill guards = damage multipliers. You hit something and it will cause more damage than it is worth - I think i remember Peter outa Durango saying he hit a deer with one and it ripped his 100 all to hell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom