Remove body from frame. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How big of an undertaking would it be to remove and reattach? There’s a reason. But cost estimated cost ?

Sorry about my typo. I am wondering the feasibility of removing the body from the chasis and reattach

Sorry about my typo. I am wondering the feasibility of removing the body from the chasis and reattach
I wan to render it not a motor vehicle.

I want to render it not a motor vehicle

Any ball park ideas are greatly appreciated . Gracias

You're wondering if it's possible to pull the body off the frame and then put it back on? Yes, it's possible. You can watch Youtube vid's of dealerships doing similar for Tacoma's or Tundras for the frame recalls and see how long it takes a trained tech with all the tools and a lift - it takes awhile.

How big of an undertaking would it be to remove and reattach? There’s a reason. But cost estimated cost ?

I wan to render it not a motor vehicle.

Any ball park ideas are greatly appreciated . Gracias

This thread by @Moridinbg may be of interest -- it includes many pictures. One of the later posts in the thread gives an idea of costs:

What I have is 2006 with 45,000 miles. I want to keep it.. I paid 13,500. I will put the engine in a 2000 se
You're wondering if it's possible to pull the body off the frame and then put it back on? Yes, it's possible. You can watch Youtube vid's of dealerships doing similar for Tacoma's or Tundras for the frame recalls and see how long it takes a trained tech with all the tools and a lift - it takes awhile.
well what I am dealing with is I have a 2006 with 45,000 miles. It is perfect. I can’t import because Toyota gives me the run around the engine group and evap are the same as us version and is dot compliant . I paid 13,000 I will import chasis

Sorry about screen shots could not post a video

Do these photos help?

464EA1B1-2AA4-4F13-90C2-6D4F627E4201.png
C80E7970-1020-4B19-A73D-DBF5C200A6DB.png
09157027-AC4F-44BA-A461-79249B2A385D.png
E31B0811-C6D0-42E1-8355-E4BC09A0D983.png

56D1CF01-EAFF-4142-8DB4-51681F599445.jpeg

FED2377A-4894-4B9E-8662-D505C0748CB2.jpeg

178B980C-762B-47A1-84A7-CF31C14A9FF2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has these, show me a picture of the emissions sticker on the underside of the hood and also the one in the drivers side door jamb.

You're saying it has none? What stickers does it have then?

If it has these, show me a picture of the emissions sticker on the underside of the hood and also the one in the drivers side door jamb.

D662C9C5-193F-4EAD-AAE5-36C86C111455.jpeg

It is dot compliant and evap. Group and engine family are the same as the certifícate of conformity. I contacted Toyota filled out there paper work and they wouldn’t send a letter like it states on their form to confirm or disconfirm it is identical to the US model with respect to emissions. Nothing in writing. So if the body is not attached to the frame. No engine. Not a motor vehicle . I paid 13,000 the engine in Mexico is worth half. So I am penciling where I stand. If it confirmed why would I take it apart?

The sticker under the hood is really the one I've been asking for all this time. I'm trying to help you here.

3E668E6A-BF33-4EB6-B155-BD8429CC779C.jpeg
B37D797B-B85E-49D6-A96C-48C5A02B5D0A.png

You got it. Not in English but notice the certificate of conformity matches the evaporative group and engine family. If it were shipped to the USA it would have an epa sticker

My only hope to import was that Toyota would simply confirm the truth. But they wouldn’t send anything in writing after I jumped through their hoops like a show pony.

My only hope to import was that Toyota would simply confirm the truth. But they wouldn’t send anything in writing after I jumped through their hoops like a show pony.
If you can help me I would be greatful

If you can help me I would be greatful

Do you feel it is worth popping it apart and shipping it ?

Do you feel it is worth popping it apart and shipping it ?
I render it not a motor vehicle. I get 6,000 for the engine here. I paid 13,000 for the truck I have 6k in after market shocks suspension it is maybe 1/2 inch higher. I was going for level. New coils torsion bars stereo.

I would love your help I will send the forms Toyota gave me as an a fun project that they would not respond to

Don't take it apart. You can drive it across the border.

My friend imported a 2006 from Mexico. His EPA/FMVSS stickers were actually covered over by the Mexican stickers and had to be carefully separated. The vehicle legally conforms to US safety and emissions standards and is legally importable but the person at the border has to see the English sticker.

If that method doesn't work for you, alternatively, you can hire a registered importer) to do the paperwork. Your vehicle is eligible for importation as it was manufactured prior to 9/2006 (cut-off date).

The info you need is here (especially see attachment):

Attachments

• elig120115.pdf
    418.9 KB · Views: 111
I render it not a motor vehicle. I get 6,000 for the engine here. I paid 13,000 for the truck I have 6k in after market shocks suspension it is maybe 1/2 inch higher. I was going for level. New coils torsion bars stereo.
New upper control arms. Nothing to consider it modified. Replaced aging parts. I kept ome

My friend imported a 2006 from Mexico. His EPA/FMVSS stickers were actually covered over by the Mexican stickers and had to be carefully separated. The vehicle legally conforms to US safety and emissions standards and is legally importable but the person at the border has to see the English sticker.

If that method doesn't work for you, alternatively, you can hire a registered importer) to do the paperwork. Your vehicle is eligible for importation as it was manufactured prior to 9/2006 (cut-off date).

This pertains to dot

This pertains to dot
I tried with an RI and was told I need an ici and they start at $12,000. The document you sent pertains to dot not epa

This pertains to dot
This pertains to dot
I am going to peel it apart

Try to use the "multi-quote" feature rather than making so many posts. Click "quote" for every thing you are trying to quote.

I would try another RI.

Oh and once you get it across and register/insure it. The VIN is not a US VIN and so it is not recognized in the system. Small hurdle but not really a problem. One of my imported vehicles had to "verified" every couple years during insurance audit. Verified, as in, I just had to sign an affidavit.

You owe me a cerveza. I'm kidding. :cheers:

Try to use the "multi-quote" feature rather than making so many posts. Click "quote" for every thing you are trying to quote.

I would try another RI.

Oh and once you get it across and register/insure it. The VIN is not a US VIN and so it is not recognized in the system. Small hurdle but not really a problem. One of my imported vehicles had to "verified" every couple years during insurance audit. Verified, as in, I just had to sign an affidavit.
Yes !

You owe me a cerveza. I'm kidding. :cheers:
I will you here

I am buying every 2006-7 land cruiser I Can get

I will you here
Fly you here and you can have as many as you want

I am buying every 2006-7 land cruiser I Can get
I'll take one too! I "think" the Mexican spec 2006 is not VVT-I though. Maybe you can verify.

I am getting a seizure reading those posts... Are they ran through translate?

The body can be removed and stripped from lines and parts underneath in about a day (say 8 work hours) by somebody who knows what is he doing and has decent hoist and workspace. It's actually not super complex. 2 days might be more realistic.
Stripping the frame from engine, installations, control arms, etc can be done again in a day if in a hurry, more realistically in 2 days.
My mechanic did it all in 6 working days, while also working on one another car.

This produces a s***load of parts and bolts. Organization is key!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom