Remove 2nd row seat, replace with storage and small jump seats, cant find plans or ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
colorado front range north Lat: 40:23:57N (40.399
Website
www.rm-mi.net
I have a 97 - LC-80 and ARB rear drawers. I want to take out second row seats. Build a set up for storage and have wicked uncomfortable jump seats (emergency passengers) but have it all so when folded the entire back is level to the ARB set. Only creatures that ride back there now are my dogs. I cant believe no one as done this. Ive seen ideas close by likes of goos gear but they dont set up to allow emergency seat set up (bare min like an old army jeep) set up.

Any see anything like that? If not, Ill just have to make

It's been done.

Search for "sleeping platform" and other similar concepts.

Probably other examples in the Expedition forum and other forums....

It's been done.

Search for "sleeping platform" and other similar concepts.

Probably other examples in the Expedition forum and other forums....

Yeah thanks, I know, mine is out there too in the archives. I am looking specifically for 2nd row delete variations. To see if anyone has solved what i have in mind which is not just take out seats and put in storage but set up so in a modular way i could put two people sitting back there and or adjust around and have the full sleep set up, and have a safe spot for my two dogs.

so looking for variations of the theme. i only find the remove second row and put in storage or put in expanding platform to sleep on,

i have ideas, just need to shut up i suppose and prototype my own thoughts out.

Try checking Aussie Troopy setups, maybe they have a forum here.

Or search instagram for "vanlife" "japan" or something like that. They are innovative and have different ideas.

I use this home jobber platform. Bolts into the existing seat mounts. Easy to remove if i need to put the seats back in. No jump seats though.
20200531_143039.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom