Removal of rear frame cross member and replaced with Kaymar bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GMSilk_Fj60

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings cruiser heads.

I'm about to start with the removal of my underside spare tire mount and install trail tailor C-channels. Ive already dropped the gas tank (since I am midway through a sniper EFI install and wanted an in tank pump) and got a chance to take a close look at everything back there... Once I'm done with the C-channel I have a Kaymar rear tire bumper that I picked up from a junkyard I plan to put on. I have already cut the bent peice of frame to accept the tow hitch portion of the bumper but the more I look at it the more I think I can cut it out all together when I do the C-channel. I think the rigidity of the C-channel and the Kaymar will be enough to keep the frame from twisting it I remove the rear frame piece all together.

Thoughts?

I’ve got the same bumper. I didn’t connect it to my rear crossmember due to it being rusty. It connects in several other points.

It’s plenty strong, but I wont be towing anything.

I think cutting the cross member out and using the bumper in its place would be acceptable. I believe on the 62’s you have to remove the rear cross member to fit most aftermarket bumpers.

I would go through the effort of reinstalling the spare cross piece though, regardless of if you plan to use it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom