Removable seat belt bar for a cage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Right now I am trying to figure out what exactly I want in a roll cage i am going to put together, but I am kind of stuck on this part. I'm talking about the bar that goes from each B(?) pillar (the ones behind the front seats) for the shoulder harnesses of four points to connect to. What I want is one that is removable, maybe like, just a square tube that slides into another that has been welded to the cage, and then bolts to hold it there. Thoughts?

That is a fantastic Idea, probably been done many times. You could have it out for daily driving and put it in when you want to get serious. BUT then you have to have 2 different belt configurations unless you want to only have a lap belt when the shoulders are removed. In the end it might be more hassle and I'd end up just leaving it always installed. But still to have the option to remove it for maintenance or whatever would be good.

Good idea.

How about tabs on the B pillars that let you bolt a cross-bar in for the seat belts

Nocents

actually, what I was thinking was just having the 4-points in there, no switching around. Does anybody know If there are any grade 8 pins around (like hitch pins?). Those would work great

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=71210&highlight=cage

but do you need to have it removeable? I have the bar behind the seats in mine its easy to get into the rear of the cruiser from the front with the bar in. Kinda have to crawl through, but its not that big a deal.
In the link I posted, I posted a link to mad fourwheel. they have clamps that are cool. I keep trying to think of things to use them for. I think this is one place they would be useful.

my cage if you are looking for ideas..
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=68276

-dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom