Remote Start Help, 2003 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newly acquired 2003 and to my surprise, when I was fiddling with the remote and hit the LOCK button 3 times in a row, the sucker started up. Nice! Problem is, it shuts off 2-3 seconds later, and then starts up / shuts off 2 more times. So 3 starts/stops. The next time I try, it will stay running. I have zero experience with remote starters. I found an on/off rocker switch under the dash and turned it off for now. I also found two boxes under the dash. One appears to be a relay and the other an immobilizer. The relay is an XCRS 500m and the immobilizer is DE 500u. Thoughts? Maybe I'll run it by to an installer and have him school me on it.

2v9c6l2.jpg

x3wqph.jpg

Open the module, there should be a key (chip key) in there wrapped in speaker wire.
There are new modules that do not require to have a secondary key wrapped in there.
If You want to keep that system then just wrap the key again and plug back in

Okay, thanks. Will open it up tonight and see if there is a key.

My truck also had a remote starter installed. I had it removed. This gave me an extra key, it was the valet key. I have used this key to have another non chipped key made for lock outs.

Friend of mine always cuts a new key and puts it under each new vehicle somewhere with a threaded bolt, lock washer and wingnut. Works great and looks like a factory bolt head after a few months of road grime.

Friend of mine always cuts a new key and puts it under each new vehicle somewhere with a threaded bolt, lock washer and wingnut. Works great and looks like a factory bolt head after a few months of road grime.

I use a zip tie, you can then either cut the zip tie or twist it until it breaks to get to the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom